Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Del Rio sets another record high for this day

I was online and had the TV on as I listened to the six o'clock news.  I actually thought the station had made a mistake when the weather report came on.  I clearly heard the weather guy say that a record was broken today in Del Rio but when he said it reached 103 degrees I had my doubts.

I checked with AccuWeather https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/del-rio-tx/78840/daily-weather-forecast/331111?day=1  and was shocked that it said we had a high of 109 degrees breaking a record set back in 1991 of 83 degrees for this day.  The low temperature this morning was 49 degrees that is a 60-degree swing in temperatures.

With conflicting highs for today, I do not know which site is correct will have to wait for the ten o'clock news.  Either way, it is way too high for the last day of November. 

Confirmed by KENS-5 in San Antonio...Del Rio had a high of 109 degrees today.

Inside of the house, it certainly did not feel like it was that high outside perhaps because it was still cold from last night.  Either way, after the incident with those three creatures two nights ago I do not even want to go outside.

What creatures you might ask?  You will have to read my other blog as not everyone likes to read about my cats.  http://mylittlewalter.blogspot.com/   and I can't say that I blame them that is why they have their own blog.

I went to a website that mutes videos but you can still partially hear me.  The important thing is the horrible beasts I encountered that left me traumatized.  I do not know if I will ever be able to go outside at night.

I have been raking a lot of leaves lately and I recently found another use for my pool noodles as I had a leftover piece after I wrapped the pipes.



This is to protect my boys from accidentally injuring themselves as I already have a one-eyed cat.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



6 comments:

  1. Wow I can barely believe that temperature! I believe climate change has screwed up the temps everywhere. We are having our "January" weather two months early. It is 5* right now.
    We had more snow yesterday and I shoveled snow for an hour to clear my truck and porch. I have to travel a bit today so am keeping fingers crossed the snow plows have been out.
    I saw deer tracks in my yard yesterday. Between the hunters and the snow all the wildlife is being bold. Of course, it is remote Montana, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a grizzly. Cougars are what really scare me. I had a close encounter years ago and I will never forget the sound of that scream. Yup, things that go bump in the night! Ha! I stay inside at night and keep my 12 gauge loaded and handy. Stay safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Climate change is real and it's here to stay. I do not understand how some politician trivialize or outright deny its existence. There are thousands of examples worldwide yet some choose to call it a hoax. Don't let me get started on that as I do not want to ruin my Sunday.

      I am still incredulous that we reached that high and I am hoping any minute now that they will say the temperature station at the airport was not working properly. If I remember correctly (which I probably don't)...we only had one 109 degrees day this summer.

      Montana is a beautiful state but it certainly can and does get cold in the fall and winter. The last great frontier that we have left.

      You are a brave lady to live in such a remote part of the state where you can and have encountered such dangerous wildlife. Having to shovel snow to clear your porch and truck is no small task either. Good thing you have your shotgun handy. Bundle up!

      Delete
  2. I can hardly believe those temperatures at this time of year. How do you stay cool? I hope things get back to more normal pretty soon. I love the Aunty Acid saying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gypsy, I never felt the temperature rise to the 109 degree level since I was so scared to go outside. Usually I will slightly open my bedroom window...well not anymore after my run in with those creatures...and I let the cool breeze come in as it helps me sleep better.

      I like that Aunty Acid saying myself it reminded me of a guy friend who always said the same thing...too bad I did not have a nice come back like she did :)

      Delete
  3. WOW I can't believe that weather your having. We have been in the 50's for about a week n half. but today was really pretty in high 0f 69. but tomorrow they are calling for 71 still nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, I am still incredulous about that temperature reading. Lucky to report that today (Sunday) our high just like yours only reached 69 degrees. The rest of the week should also be pleasant in the low to mid 70's...just the way I like it.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.