Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, November 25, 2019

Trip to the Courthouse / Darn Flippers / A warm day

It is that time of the year when you start to receive your property tax statements. Val Verde County allows a small discount if you pay your taxes before January 31st.  The taxes were mailed late in October and since as you know I was busy did not get around to it until today.

I stopped at the library first so I could make some copies and decided to stay and write my respective checks there.  During this time of the year, it is difficult to find a parking space around the Courthouse...considered walking and leaving my car parked at the library but was not sure if my knee would hold out.

I was surprised there were very few people there and I did not have to wait in line.  Happy to get that out of the way for another year.

Headed to the post office to pick up the mail only to be incensed by yet another house flipper who sent me a postcard saying this was the third communication he sent me and demanding to know why I had NOT gotten back to him.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  Tore it up right then and there.  Did it ever occur to him that I do not want to sell my house to a flipper in particular to someone as rude as him?  In fact, I do not want to sell my Houston house at all!

Needed to pick up some spinach but both big HEB, as well as little HEB, were packed and will probably stay packed until after Thanksgiving.

Today it started out as a beautiful and sunny day but by late afternoon clouds started moving in.  I went about setting out my rain catchment barrels.  We are expecting a cold front to arrive on Wednesday.  It will be cool Thursday Thanksgiving Day with showers on Friday.

Today we had a low of 59 with a high of 85 with a heat index of 88.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Aunty Acid Saying of the Day





10 comments:

  1. Nice to get things done early.
    Too many Flippers are ignorant and figure that they are the only ones that matter.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so many letters and postcards from flippers but after a couple of tries, they are smart enough to give up. Then there are flippers like this one and another that sent me a photoshopped picture showing damage to my roof who are really the bottom of the barrel.

      If I do not reply or return your calls chances are I am not interested!

      Delete
  2. With the taxes out of the way you're set for the year and it's not even here yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are over in Val Verde county. Harris County taxes (Houston) do not offer a discount or incentive to pay early and you have to pay a lot more entities and of course, they are much higher.

      Delete
  3. It is good they offer a little discount for early payment. Too bad Houston doesn't do that.
    Those house flippers are so aggressive. I wonder how they were able to get your mailing address?
    Our stores here are also very crowded. I dislike crowds and avoid the busy times as much as possible. Especially since the shootings. It hasn't happened here as yet, but it isn't that uncommon anymore and it makes me nervous.
    What a cute cartoon! Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed some flippers can be very aggressive and I happen to attract them. With the Internet, it is very easy to obtain the mailing address of anyone just by going to the Appraisal District webpage of that particular county.

      My HOA lady friend said they like to target owners who have a different mailing address to that of the property in question as that signaled that the owner did not live there and/or was a rental property. I do not know if that is true or not.

      I like Aunty Acid sayings some are so funny and that is the point to make someone laugh in these trying times.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like the same weather pattern we will have starting tomorrow. We have had very low temps today it was 58 I'm loving it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning the cold front arrived but it has not been that bad. At least it is not snowing or bitterly cold like up north. Today we only reached a high of 64 and I certainly am enjoying these temperatures.

      Delete
  5. It's cold and rainy in Sacramento, and I don't mind the rain as long as I don't have to go out in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw all the rain your area is getting and will continue to receive. I feel the same way as long as I do not have to go out in inclement weather I am OK with it.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.