Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Another bad lab report / Managed to piss off my Nurse Practitioner

One good thing about getting my labs done in Mexico is that besides being cheaper I have access to them right away and know how good but mostly how bad the numbers are.  This year I also had labs performed by Lifeline Screening.

The last time I saw my nurse practitioner she was worried about my high cholesterol levels and it was ME who asked her to put me back on Statins.  Since it was my idea did not think it would be a big deal when I decided to go OFF them without consulting her.

You would have thought I committed a CRIME she was fit to be tied even though I told her that I had gone back on them after I saw my results.  She was not happy with my A1C numbers either so I now have to take another medication to lower my levels.

I do not know if I am still recuperating from Terlingua, I'm coming down with something or the medication is making me sleepy but some days I can not even make it to the end of the 10:00 p.m. evening news...that is so unlike me!

I apologize to the blogs I follow as I tend to do most of my reading in the late night/early morning hours and have not gotten around to doing that in the past couple of days.

Little did I know that I had missed out on another Black Friday item. Thursday, December 5th after my doctor's appointment went to Home Depot as they had a special on AA and AAA batteries. As soon as you walk in they have their items that are on sale.  Saw two 26 qt high-performance cooler with a lockable lid but it did not have a price. No employees in sight so went about my shopping. When I got to the check-out counter this guy in front of me had one of those said coolers and I was shocked to learn that they were on sale for $39.88...they regularly sell for $78.97. Of course, he took off running to grab the last remaining one...these were leftover from their Black Friday sale.


I went online when I got home but it said that Home Depot does not deliver to P.O. Boxes and did not even give me the option to pick it up at their store.  I got help online but my credit card declined it because my billing address and my home address did not match.  I guess I really did not need that cooler!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


8 comments:

  1. Sometime just using your own sense will help you eat healthier thus getting your numbers where they belong.
    Depending how busy you are or how much fresh air you are getting could be the reason you are so tired. Exercise will also give your body more energy to do things you never thought that you could.
    Guess you don't need that Cooler when they are at full price.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I was doing good even took my cereal and fruit to the desert. I brought back more than half of my adult beverages and they have yet to be consumed.

      I injured my knee so have not been able to go for my morning walks but I do spend a lot of time outside raking leaves and playing with the cats.

      Delete
  2. Dang that was a good sale! I would have grabbed one if I knew. I won't even check online since I bought the Clam screen room yesterday but the price was not to be passed up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you were able to get your Clam screen! Those are so nice...hope you get to go camping soon so you can review it for us.

      Delete
  3. I've had it happen when I try so hard to buy something and for some reason, it just doesn't work out. I think that it wasn't meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a let down in particular because I could have placed it in my cart and gone to check out the price at one of their scanners but I never dreamed they were selling for such a bargain price.

      Maybe Santa Claus will bring me one?

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you are back posting. I was getting worried. I do hope you are feeling better.
    My doctor tried acting like my mother a couple of times years back and quickly found out how to get back in her place. The nerve to speak to me in that manner! This red hair did not come from a bottle! I think they think they are God and I do not. Same thing after my accident, saying I would be in rehab for a year. I was out in two months.
    Too bad you missed that good sale but bet there will be lots of bargains right after the holidays. Maybe even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had as bad an experience as what you had to go through with your doctor and I hope I never do. At least you were out of rehab well before they anticipated and showed them they were wrong.

      Usually the bargains after the holidays have to do with christmas decorations and related items or at least that was the case when my uncle would force me to drive him to the stores on the morning of Dec. 26th...glad I no longer have to do that.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.