Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, April 29, 2013

A Thump in the Night

As many of my readers know...I suffer from insomnia and have for almost two decades now.  I stay up late not because I want to but because I can not go to sleep.  This does not mean that I sleep late in the mornings either.  If I go to bed at 6:00 a.m. and my mother decides to get up at 6:30 a.m. well that is the time I get up...after all I can't sleep!

Last night around 3:00 a.m. I heard a big thump on the kitchen door..thought how odd...then I heard it again! I have my computer set up in the dining room which is right next to the kitchen.  Went to my bedroom to grab my gun and returned to the kitchen where I yelled some...uhmmm...let's say choice words...and threaten to shoot.

Turned on the outside lights and shined my flashlight out the kitchen window but could not see a thing.  With my gun in tow I went outside but all I heard was a cat meowing...and meowing loudly.  There is a small opening under the kitchen door and perhaps the cat tried to fit under there...and that is where the thump noise came from?

First thing this morning I was out playing Sherlock Holmes but did not find anything out of place or unusual...however I kept on hearing a cat meowing, like a baby cat but never could find it.  This evening I was on the south part of the property feeding Walter when I heard the meowing again.  Maybe a cat is about to have her kitties?

It was a hot day, even at 7:16 p.m. the temperature was 90 degrees.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. You did the right thing. Read http://pennys-tuppence.blogspot.com/. Today she lists the 13 rules for guns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess I did not do the right thing because it tells you NOT to say you have a gun...

      Delete
  2. Here's what I'm think'n.....if'n I had been in your kitchen when you come in there wav'n a gun around and shout'n obscenities, I would have slip back in the shadows an' stay there real quiet like. Then, when ya went out the back door, I would run across the room an' lock you outside. Then I would safely finish cook'n up my breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billy Bob no one was in my kitchen...maybe outside the kitchen door but not in the kitchen. I was sitting in the dining room would have heard if someone came in.

      It is dark outside the kitchen door...I would never open it. I went out through the sunroom (junk room) door which is in another part of the house...the part where there is light and had my gun cocked and ready.

      Delete
  3. Is there a place the cat could be trapped?
    And I don't see how he could have made that noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchen was an addition to the house and it is the only room that they decided to raise about a foot off of the ground.

      Underneath the door frame there is an opening of about two or three inches where I guess a full grown cat might be able to fit?

      Maybe it was chasing a mouse that went underneath the space and the cat ran into the door making the thump sound?

      I do not believe a cat could be trapped there because I kept on hearing the cat meowing in different places yesterday. Maybe he was up in a tree and that is why I could not see him...it is a mystery.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.