Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A very hot 104 degree day

Have been pondering on whether or not to pass up on the red mulch special of 5 bags for $10.00.  Decided it was a good deal...so off I went to purchase it.



They had lowered the price of some of their higher price petunias to .99 cents for a six pack.  Purchased some as well but it was so hot when I got back...I limited myself to just unloading them.  I did not get around to taking their picture...maybe tomorrow.

IBC said it was 93...this was around 2:00 p.m.

Del Rio Bank and Trust said it was 95...this car got in the way!

I turned on the Weather Channel around 4:30 p.m. and to my surprise it was 104 degrees!  I was so thankful for the air conditioner.  As is becoming customary I fell asleep during the news and took me a two hour nap :-)

Good night.  May you have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Now that is a little on the warm side. They say that a cold front will hit here about noon. It has been warm over here, too. Got down to 72 overnight. Have a good day and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 72 overnight is wonderful. Hope you all get the cold front...it is too early in the season for temperatures in the three digits :-(

      Delete
  2. Its almost 10 am and its 46*,,,that front did show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning when I went to take out the trash it was cool, had to come back inside and put on a jacket

      Right now it is 69 degrees but I am sure it will go much higher.

      Delete
  3. It's that time for plants, flowers and mulching. I usually like to get the cedar chips if it's not too expensive. I want to plant some tomatoes this year and peppers as well. Do you plan on planting any vegetable plants or a small garden this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Charlton, I have a brown thumb and pretty much kill everything I plant :(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.