Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Boquillas Crossing Port of Entry

I was out and about yesterday when the headline of this excellent  Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila newspaper El Zocalo caught my eye.  It announced the re-opening of Boquillas Crossing Port of Entry, this quaint crossing station that was closed down after the events of 9/11.



Boquillas del Carmen is located in the Mexican state of Coahuila and borders Texas at the Rio Grande or Rio Bravo as it is known in Mexico...at Big Bend National Park.

Before you decide you are going back to check it out after more than a decade of being closed...may I remind you...you now need a Passcard or a Passport in order to come back to the United States.

Also note their hours of operation Wednesday to Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Most of my Terlingua friends (from the Chili Cook-off) have been there and I had already made plans to go when they closed it down.  I will definitively try to get in a trip this year.

Here is a song by Robert Earl Keen "Gringo Honeymoon" about his trip there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=doKaXwZ2gnM

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I can't hardly wait to get my truck back from the mechanic (I'm trying to be patient about it. It's been since before Christmas without it...like I said, patience, patience, patience) so I can visit Boquillas. I still need to get my passport. I'm a procrastinator since birth. I think I was even late then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience is not one of my virtues...got to give you credit though, that is a long time to wait on a mechanic.

    Talking about a procrastinator...I don't know...but I bet I have you beat by a mile :D

    Good hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.