Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Chilly Day

By Texas standards it was a rather chilly day.  Low of 51 and high of 62.  Besides taking out the trash and being ignored by Walter...I didn't do much.


I take that back I did spend time online reading some blogs I had not had the opportunity to get caught up on.  One of them being the first blog I ever read in my life...The Oasis of My Soul  http://theoasisofmysoul.com/2013/04/the-dreaded-phone-call-texas/

If you do not know...Ara's mother suffered a massive stroke, is paralyzed, unconscious and on life support.  Having a mother around his mother's age, it pains me to hear this.  For that matter just knowing this could happen to anyone regardless of age is disconcerting.  I wish them both the best.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I had some of those yellow bells, but the neighbor kept mowing them down, so they died. They were by the edge of my yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Del Rio we called them "esperanzas" which means "hope" in Spanish.

      In spring and summer you will see them in a vast majority of the houses.

      Last year we lost one to the sleet but this one survived but it is not looking like it should.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.