Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, April 27, 2013

I had front row seats to Fiesta Flambeau's Parade

One of Fiesta San Antonio premiere night time parades celebrated its 65th anniversary tonight...Fiesta Flambeau...and I had front row seats!  No, I did not actually attend the parade...I watched it on TV from the comfort of dad's old recliner :)

This year KLRN of San Antonio ( PBS station) carried quite a few events live.  I have never attended this parade in person...hope to one day be able to do so.  They had bands from all over the State of Texas as well as from Alabama, Arkansas and Georgia.

The Budweiser Clydesdale's made an appearance...beautiful horses!  KLRN also carried it live on line and people were tweeting from all over the nation and the world.  In France some Texans were throwing a party and watching the feed on big screen TV as they drank Mexican beer...my type of party!

They heard from someone as far away as South Africa...a former San Antonian also watching it.  One guy asked the announcer to please read his marriage proposal to his girlfriend on the air...the lady announcer obliged.

After two hours it started to rain and for the safety of the announcers and staff they went off the air.  A little disappointing but understandable.

Earlier today Cliff and his lovely wife came by to finish cutting down the large mesquite tree that has been a pain to tackle.  One down and many more to go!  They were nice enough to share some of their pulled pork with mother and myself.  I remember first hearing about it on Trouble in Texas blog...we are anxious to try it for the first time.

Around ten o'clock we got a much needed rain shower.  On the news it showed some heavy flooding in Houston, will have to call my neighbor tomorrow.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. I saw a sign yesterday, at a new sandwich place, pulled pork,,and ,,,darn it!!! it wasn't open. Supposed to be.
    I love them,,and you have to add the slaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hardly wait to try it. Will add the slaw on your recommendation.

      Delete
  2. That guy up there danc'n look more like he ate at the same "greesy spoom" I ate at.

    It just so happens that yesterdays trip to HEB, I bought me up a container of bbq pulled pork.
    I remember when my first wife make tamales, we pull the pork off'n a pig head with forks. Yes, it was dead. Dang, that was a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was more what he "drank" than what he "ate".

    Seems like today we were all thinking about pulled pork. For some reason I just can't picture you making tamales...

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.