Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, March 14, 2016

March 2016 trip to Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila, Mexico

Mother had been dropping a lot of hints of her desire to make a trip to the beauty shop.  The last time I was here was back on October 2015 when I came to stock up for my annual trip to the desert.

With illness and doctor's appointments the trip kept on getting postponed until today.  Of course I would have to choose the hottest day so far this year...it got to 92 degrees.



That is why I was so impressed by the covered parking area and other upgrades that we found at Gutierrez, one of our favorite stores in Ciudad Acuna.  It came in handy on a warm day like today.


Aurrera (owned by Walmart) inagurated a new store closer to town (the original is in the north part of Ciudad Acuna) while it is much smaller than the other one, it is well stocked and carries my favorite hot sauce that is not found at the other stores including HEB in Del Rio.  Wouldn't you know it, I forgot to take a picture of the new store, promise to get one next time.

Being Spring Break, there were a lot of tourists in Ciudad Acuna.  The dollar is at an all time high so Americans can get a lot of bang for their buck. I still had Mexican currency so I did not have to buy pesos.


The trip back home would have gone a lot faster had I not chosen the shortest line...there was a reason for that...yep, a lady agent.  Lucky for us a male agent took her place and the line sped up. He swiped our passports, asked what we had to declare and send us on our way.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could drive to Mexico as easily as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the few perks of living on the border.

      Delete
  2. What can you tell me about parking on the US side and walking across the Mexican border at Del Rio? How far of a walk is it? Is there parking on the US side at the bridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At one time there used to be plenty of free city parking on the US side of the border. However, after they constructed the new ICE building they did away with that.

      Your best bet would be to park at one of the Taxi places and take a cab or park at one of the stores near the bridge. Either way it is a considerable walk. I am not good judging distance perhaps 1/3 of a mile?

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.