Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mechanic / Rain

No matter how many YouTube videos I watched there was no way I could possibly strip the cables going to the battery and install the new terminals.  So off I went to see how my poor mechanic was doing...you will recall last time I went...he was on his way to a doctor's appointment after having burnt his leg.

Still not up to par but was agreeable to come with me as he figured it would be an easy fix. Seems with my luck there is never a simple solution.  Even with a brand new battery the car did not want to start and it took him a while to get Mom's mini van going.

Took him back to his shop in said mini-van and I should have turned off and then re-started it...but I ignored my gut feeling...when will I learn???  Went to Home Depot to pick up more Fire Ant granules but when I turned it off it started sputtering and shaking...WTH!!!   I immediately turned it back on.  Decided I could put off buying the granules and came home.  It did the same thing when I turned it off here.  Ran inside to call him and nothing seemed to work until he told me to hit the accelerator...then it finally turned off :-(

Glad I timed it just right because after that the wind picked up and we got a pretty good storm from which we received .46" of liquid gold.  All my rain catchment receptacles got filled to the brim and even overflowed.  We are supposed to get more rain tonight and tomorrow but will have to pass on collecting it...what a shame!



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Hey MsB I'm not the best "Mechanic" but I do pretty good around the campground helping everyone that see my pick-up and tool box and it just seems like too me that some of your cars are older and need some lead in gas which we don't use any more and in the mid-west corn is a big thing for you guys. You might want to just try a additive to boost the lead and stop that knocking...JM2C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope we get some of that rain....

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.