Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Trip to Home Depot / Leslie H.

Have been working on several projects...NO, don't go thinking I am building stuff like Billy Bob (I wish)...perhaps I should say I am experimenting with a couple of things for my upcoming trip to the Chili Cook-off in Terlingua. Lest you forget, it is three and a half months away :)

This morning I was rudely awaken by the sounds of a mower and a weed eater. Unfortunately, it was NOT my tall weathered cowboy coming to my rescue but a man and his son mowing the corner lot. Since the weeds aren't going to mow themselves decided to get up and head on over to check out a more powerful weed eater than the one I currently have.

Went to several places but the one I need for the job will probably wind up killing my back from the weight.  Maybe I can kidnap Walter during the evening so he can help me by eating them up...then take him back before they wake up?

While at Home Depot decided to check other departments and came upon something I have been needing...a workshop power strip for all the electrical cables in the living room. It has room for 12 outlets and they are spaced just right.


I finally found the EasyKlip that I have heard so much about on YouTube videos. I am hoping to be able to set up some kind of shade structure with it but in reality it has hundreds of other uses. I bought out their inventory...well, actually they only had four left.




Gasoline prices seem to be holding steady.  I really really hate having to buy gift cards just to get .11 cents off per gallon.  However, in my book I'd much rather pay $3.28 versus $3.39 per gallon any day...so I guess I will keep on buying them :-(



I still do not know why we lost power for five hours the other day.  On my way back home I saw three trucks by the pole they replaced and was hoping the power had not gone out again.  We have only experienced a few spikes since then.  They can be annoying since I have to re-set the electrical clocks and answering machine.



Wanted to give a warm welcome to a new blog follower Leslie H. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and sign up.  Please feel free to comment any time you wish.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. May I assume those EasyKlip things need a smooth surface to adhere to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a very good weed eater when I lived in Ashevile, which didn't work for long so I took it back. I replaced it with another brand and really didn't care for it either. The nylon cutting cord was always breaking or otherwise giving me trouble. I'd do better with an old fashioned pair of hand clippers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best electric weed eater I ever owned was a Black and Decker Grasshog. It died after years of abuse. Tried to buy a comparable one but the now made in China ones are a POS.

      Delete
  3. My son ruined his elbows with a big weed eater, had to have surgery on both. Tore tendons from the bones.
    Those %(*&^&(* clocks are why i went to battery ones. Now, just a couple of things to reset, coffee maker main one... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My goodness I had no idea you could tear your tendons using them...and here I was only concerned about my back.

      My mother loves clocks many are battery operated ones but the one that gets the task of having to reset the electric ones is me :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.