Terlingua Dreams

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Should I believe them?

Should I believe them? By "them" I mean the weather forecasters.  The cold front we were expecting Friday never made it, in fact it was in the 80's.  Last night they said we had a 70% chance of precipitation and did not receive a single drop. Now they say strong electrical storms in Mexico will be making their way to Del Rio in forty minutes.

Went outside to check it out but I do not see anything to indicate a storm is eminent.  Whenever we have electrical storms we lose power so will make this short in case they are correct.

At noon headed to pick up a couple of items at HEB...note to self...do not do that again!  We really need another grocery store in town. It seems that no matter what time or day I go, it is always packed.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. But this time we really did get the rain for 2 days a steady but good rain with no flooding. Temps lower that we have had lately. Another storm is on the way sounds like the one they said you are going to get. I sure hope you get some rain there but the lightening can stay at bay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This part of Texas is in drought condition so we would really welcome the rain. Glad you got two days of steady rain with no flooding.

      Delete
  2. There are times that we forget that mother nature & the earth do what they want, always have, we humans just make the best guess we can.

    Did you get the electrical storm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother nature always has the upper hand.

      We got the electrical storm four hours after the projected time and luckily it only lasted for a few minutes.

      Delete
  3. I just get an overall weather forecast for the temperatures and don't worry about it. The forecasts are almost always wrong anyway! We'd probably do just about as well to refer to the Old Farmers Almanac!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom's house is old and it has a few leaks so I worry when they forecast storms for the area in particular electrical storms.

      Delete
  4. A 70% chance of rain leaves you a 30% chance of no rain. I guess you got the 30%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still dizzy?
    Hope you have gotten some good rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dizziness comes and goes. I hear the area by the lake has gotten some good rain not so much here in Southern Val Verde County.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you.