Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Beautiful Tuesday

These past two days I have been busy doing laundry, a chore I have really never liked to do until I had to take up doing yard work.  In comparison doing laundry is a breeze.  Speaking of breezes the strong winds of days past are long gone.  While it has been a little cold in the morning, the sun has been abundant and the temperatures perked right up by mid morning.

Can you believe we still have mosquitoes?  I do not know how they did not freeze to death on Sunday night.  They are alive and well and have an affinity for my blood.

Drove into town to pick up the mail from the P.O. Box, went to the bank, and picked up a couple of items at HEB.  I was pleasantly surprised that there were hardly any people out and about.  Took advantage of that and decided to buy stamps as there were only two people in line and I know in December this place will be very busy.

While I don’t get to go online daily, on those days that I can, I am going to be changing the header picture to show some of the shots that I took this year at the Chili Cook-off.

Have a good night and may you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a busy day running around. Glad the good weather is back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too Joe...that wind was something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wind was scary driving our trailer home. It was our first trip hauling it, so we were white-knuckled all the way home to San Antonio and Canyon Lake.

    The weather is the same here B. Nice and cold, but warming up nicely during the day. Hope your mosquito bites heal quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate mosquitoes worse than yard work. I heard recently that if you keep a sheet of "Breeze" in your pocket they will flee. I don’t know if it works yet or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry to me hauling a trailer through those Alpine mountains in regular weather would be bad enough, I can only imagine how bad it would be with that awful wind.

    Is your trailer pretty big? Glad you made it home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lou thanks for reminding me of that trick. I remember reading or hearing about that this summer but I totally forgot about it.

    My CRS (Can't Remember S*#t) gets the best of me sometimes :(

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.