Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter 2014 at area parks

Friday before heading to Lake Amistad decided to swing by the area parks and see how many people were already there.  I read last year they had enforced the no camping until Friday at 10:00 a.m. rule which is good because it gives others an equal chance to nab a prime spot.  This year it appears the same enforcement took place.

Sure beats a tent

Pictures at San Felipe Lions Park




 Moore Park



State Park








This year I noticed more port-a-potties, the suppliers are the same people that provide the service during the Terlingua Chili Cook-off . I believe the mother runs the Del Rio business and her daughter runs the Alpine, Texas branch.


Last night we finally got a good shower so hopefully the wet grass wont ruin it for the adults because when you are a kid rain events do not matter.  These pictures were taken Friday so I am sure more people set up camp after they got off work and on the weekend.  Since I knew I would not be able to come back...I took the pictures then.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a nice park. Maybe a little too crowded this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably was very crowded this weekend that is why I went on Friday. Too bad it was a little cool that is why I did not see anyone in the creek.

      Delete
  2. Didn't you take these last year too? Love the parks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I go every year to cover the event.

      In the past I used to go on Saturday or Sunday when more people were there. I love to see everyone camping out and having a good time.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.