Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, March 30, 2015

Dentist / Beauty Shop

Had an early morning appointment in Ciudad Acuna with mother's dentist.  Her extraction has healed  with no problems thus he was able to take the impressions for a new set of dentures. 

For those readers out there that are considering going to Mexico for dental or medical treatment within the next two weeks...please take into account that Semana Santa (Holy Week/Easter) is a holiday that is embraced in Mexico.

There is no Spring Break in Mexico but in Semana Santa children are off from school for two weeks.  Many parents take time from work as well, including mother's dentist.

Before driving to the border and being disappointed, I urge you to make an appointment or call ahead to confirm their practice will be open for business.

Our next stop was to the beauty shop as it had been a while since our last visit.  It was early enough that we were her first customers.

There were no long lines to cross back to the US.  We were greeted by a very polite and delightful young customs agent. Upon inquiring for the motive to our trip to Mexico, complimented mother and I on our haircuts.  I thought that was a nice gesture on his part and it made mother's day.

Good  night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. Although Semana Santa isn't celebrated as such in the U.S., kids are off school - sometimes the week before Easter and sometimes the week after. I hope I don't run into crowds at Dinosaur or the Badlands, although it still won't be high season. I just hope the weather is good.

    It is good to hear of a friendly and decent customs agent, although I'm sure you and your Mom looked good to him and not like drug runners or anything like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you have school age grandchildren, I will take your word for it. I rarely buy the local newspaper so I do not know how long they are off for the Easter holiday in Del Rio.

      I am so excited about your trip and looking forward to following it on your blog. I hope the weather is good for you and that you do not run into crowds.

      While I know he was only being polite mainly because of my mother, it is refreshing to actually meet a friendly customs agent that actually likes his job

      If I were to write about some of my experiences...surely Homeland Security would shut my blog down!

      Delete
  2. After coming back from Terlingua and having a tooth ache when I got home I read your blog about your mothers visit to the dentist I am really thinking about heading over that way to get my teeth worked on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most border towns have English speaking dentists and doctors as Americans are their main customers and source of income.

      Right now the Mexican peso is very volatile so your dollar will go a long way there.

      Just make sure that whatever border town you choose, call ahead and make an appointment. If you can wait until after Easter is over...so much the better.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.