Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Perhaps I should be in Buenos Aires...

It is 4:52 a.m. CST as I am typing this.  I have not been able to go to sleep (not that that should come as a surprise to anyone) with the howling wind and the tree branches rubbing up against the roof of my bedroom.

Believe it or not, it is currently 30 degrees Fahrenheit and per the Weather Channel, it feels like 18. Thankfully, it does not feel like that inside the house since I have the thermostat set at 78.

Looking at my favorite locations, we are colder than Terlingua and Houston, Texas.  My other favorite location Buenos Aires, Argentina is at 80 degrees (in all fairness it is Spring there).  I look forward to the day that I can escape the scathing heat of Texas summers and the equally cold 6 weeks Texas winters.

Bundle up and stay warm.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Spring in Argentina looks better than a cold, windy early morning-early winter in Texas does it?
    When I have those days I look at http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=te&inv=0&t=cur to see where I need to go.
    Usually it's somewhere in southern Florida but occasionally I have to look as far as Mexico...
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In comparison to Argentina, Mexico does not seem so far away. Merry Christmas to you too.

      Delete
  2. Yes this weather is a so unpredictable these days. It was freezing again last night here and Friday night we had those crazy hard howling winds. Today it should be in the high 60's which is fine my me. Wed. in the low 70's then back down again. No wonder I can't get rid of this month old cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to warmer temperatures. I do not know how people up north can put up with so much cold.

      Delete
  3. I can't think of where I'd want to be, weather-wise, if I wasn't here in Sacramento, but I guess a lot of places have better weather. Most of the places I like are north of here, and this isn't the time of year to go! Guess I'm staying put and just complaining about the weather for a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are talking about Alaska aren't you?

      Since I can't go to Buenos Aires, I will have to complain about the weather for a couple of weeks as well :D

      Delete
  4. Feliz Navidad mi hermana de los SPURS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feliz Navidad tambien para ti hermano Spurs :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.