Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, April 7, 2017

April 2017 trip to Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila - México

Several of mother's friends have been hospitalized recently both in Del Rio and in Ciudad Acuña. From mom's house we are closer to the Mexican Hospital than we are to the Val Verde Regional Medical Center, so off we went.

I am surprised that the new toll booths have taken so long to be built.


 From this picture it looks like they should be completed soon.


Do you know than in Mexico they offer free immunizations?  My doctor told me I should get a tetanus shot but yes...I am too cheap to pay for one :D


However, they only offer them in the morning at this hospital...guess I might have to pay for one in the USA after all...:-(


Not knowing that we were going to be making a trip to Mexico anytime soon, I went grocery shopping Wednesday.


Decided to stop at Gutierrez anyway and stock up on yogurt and smoothies.  Of course mother went wild in the bakery department.


I bought some baked chicken in the parking lot.  This time they gave me a lot more corn tortillas and pico de gallo than the other day. Then again it being Thursday they did not have as many people as they do on Harvest Tuesday.


The dollar to peso ratio has become more stable. Here are some exchange rates down Exchange Rate Alley..




At the International Bridge, we had a seven-minute wait.  The lady agent did what I think other agents should do...she sent the car in front of us for a second revision and did not hold up the line...kudos to her!


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Cyber Journal Note

Alejandro Rios, Sr. died Saturday, April 1, 2017

Aurora López passed away on Friday, April 7, 2017 she was 56 years old.

6 comments:

  1. I guess going across the border isn't too bad because you do it often enough. I think I have mentioned I've always had a bad time crossing from Canada into the U.S. Canadian customs isn't too bad but the Americans sure are, and it will probably get worse in the future. I only get a tetanus shot when I hurt myself and haven't had the shot for 10 or 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people that grew up along the border think nothing of crossing over to Mexico because we have done it so many times in particular when you did not have to have a US passport to be allowed back in the country.

    My doctor told me I needed to have a tetanus shot every ten years and it has been longer than that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a tetanus took your last dollar it would be dollar well spent. I once read a newspaper article on guy who survived tetanus, not something I'd like to do... I went down to the local public health office & spent the $16 for a tetanus shot because I knew mine was out of date (they last for 10 years).
    Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not think we have any public health clinics in Del Rio (I could be wrong). I do believe a tetanus shot will cost more than $16 in a doctor's office.

      She also told me to get a flu shot, those are readily available at HEB and CVS and I was willing to fork out the $10 or $12 dollars that I thought they cost...wrong, I think they quoted me $37 so I decided to pass.

      Delete
  4. Spurs corner: "ugh" "blecch" "yuck" "ppffffft"


    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.