Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Propane Delivery / Cooler Temperatures

The YouTube Prepper channels I watch have been urging their viewers for months especially those that live in colder climates to get their propane deliveries as soon as possible before the prices escalate. I finally placed my order yesterday but the lady told me she could not tell me when the delivery would be made but it would be sometime this week. Once again she asked if I wanted a courtesy call before they came and of course, I said YES, but knowing fully well that they never call...and I was right!

I even disconnected my wonderful call screener answering machine so I could hear the phone ring...and I did...but he was not on his way...he was in the backyard and had already filled my tank and only needed my check.

If you bought 75 gals or more the price was $2.95 if you bought less than 75 it was  $3.05. I bought 100 gallons or is it pounds? It cost $295.00 plus got charged a new fee of $6.99 for the Safety and Compliance Fee...a new charge where they spray the propane tank and check for possible leaks...bringing the total to $301.99.  At that price, it's a good thing they included a 2023 calendar!

The cool weather finally reached us and will stay for a couple of days. It feels wonderful and has helped me sleep better...my definition of better is 5.5 hours versus 4 nightly hours. 😪

Our gasoline prices have been holding steady for over a week...so I finally took the opportunity and gassed up at $2.999 for unleaded gasoline.


Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



8 comments:

  1. Will that do you for the winter? I guess it depends on whether you use it for heating or cooking or water heater, or whatever. Yes, sleep is better when it is cooler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should last beyond winter as it is not used for heating...I am terrified to turn on the propane heaters...our HVAC is electric. It is mainly used for the water heater and warming up our canned goods as this gal does not cook.

      Delete
  2. Hope the propane lasts all winter. We have had unseasonably chilly temps here for a couple weeks now, but I'm loving it. And yes I sleep well and if it wasn't for the dog needing to go out I might even sleep in!
    Love Auntie Acid of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been watching the van lady videos of the ones that are already in Quartzsite...I see that there has been hail, flooding, strong winds, rain, and now it is just plain cold. I know Campervan Kevin is further north where he has gotten snow. I had no idea it got so cold in Arizona.

      Aunty Acid sure hit the nail in the head with this meme, the writer must be of our generation. BTW...Congratulations on your new governor!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes it gets very cold in Northern AZ, Kevin is at 7K so yes it's cold there. We have been having season lows which is not normal for down this way, but it sure beats triple digits.

      Delete
    3. I would have to agree that I much prefer these cooler temperatures to the triple digit ones that we both are subjected to for so many months :-(

      Delete
  3. It seems since Covid hit prices on everything have only gone up along with additional fees.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Calendar.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.