Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Shorts and T-shirt weather / Running out of space

This past week it has been nothing but shorts and t-shirt weather. While the mornings have been gray and foggy by noon the sun has been making an appearance making it warm and charging my solar lights. I have not had to turn on the heater and I am saving money which is good because yesterday I received the invoice from Western Air Conditioning for the services they provided last month.

I now know that they repaired a short in 24V wiring and replaced 3 blown AMP fuses, actually it was a very reasonable $57.36. While I like them I hope I do not have to see them again anytime soon.

I am running out of space in Google Photos and I really do not want to have to pay a monthly fee but it looks like I do not have much choice. I messed up my computer a few years back and if I try to upload from my phone to my PC it loads them without paying attention to the date so I am not able to keep them in chronological order.

I am also running out of space for my food prepping. When I purchase my supplies I write the date I bought them and the price I paid for them. One of the Prepper Channels I watch suggested it was better to write the expiration date but I check that when I make my purchase so I know which products will expire sooner.

I also have to download the pictures I have in PhotoBucket before they erase them. I think I have already lost some that I had posted on this blog back when I had inferior internet service through DISH and Cricket.

We have added two kittens to our already large feline family. When I find the time I will write about that in my other blog. Here is a teaser photo 💓


Gasoline prices continue to go down...$2.539 for regular unleaded and $4.099 for Diesel fuel.


This Skoolie had just crossed the border from México and it made me wonder where they had been and if they had a YouTube Channel would love to see how they have it set up inside. I tried to get a glimpse of their license plate but with so many stickers and I presume a motorcycle (?) it was hard to tell. I was hoping they would turn at HEB but they headed east on highway 90 so I was not able to satisfy my curiosity. 😄




Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



12 comments:

  1. Well, glad to see you are still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see a posting. Weather here has been pretty chilly and nights cold, but like I said before I'm not complaining I love it. But my gas bill sure has jumped up past $70. last month so yes it's been cold at night even keeping it set at 68 which I have turned down to 65 now. I just turn on an electric heater in the bathroom to take a shower.
    Hope you continue to have great weather. Yes your repair bill was cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jo, at first I was not sure if someone had cloned you since your nick was different, your profile was new, and all information had been wiped clean...but it sounds like you?

      A cold front will making an appearance from coast to coast sometime this week. For now I have no complaints, as I prefer it to the triple-digit temperatures we put up with for most of the year.

      Considering that $50.00 of the repair bill was for the service call, I did indeed get off easy.

      Delete
    2. I had no idea my profile changed since I did not change it? Things on google are changing and it doesn't seem for the best either!

      Delete
    3. So I see I can nolonger even post anything Oh well guess I will not have a blog anymore

      Delete
    4. I recalled you saying that you were having issues with Blogger and was waiting on them to get back with you...did they ever reach out to you?

      It is odd that you have a new profile but were not the one that set it up. I hope you are able to regain your old profile, and are able to post on your blog again.

      Delete
    5. No they never have and I don't even see my profile

      Delete
    6. I am not surprised the two times I reached out to them they never got back to me either. What concerns me is that someone created a New Profile without your approval and that now you do not have access to your original one.

      Delete
    7. I posted to my blog via NoteBook so it is my laptop!!

      Delete
    8. I went to check out your blog and am glad you can once again post but your profile nick is still Jo versus JO.

      Delete
  3. Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is OK!! Getting ready for cold here.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.