Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, July 13, 2023

HEB / Dr.'s Appt. / Heat from Hell

I had a lot of errands to run today so obviously I barely got a wink of sleep. I was at HEB before 8:00 a.m. glad that the store and the parking lot were partially empty. No screaming kids or people blocking the aisles while chatting with their friends as though they could not call them from the phone that is glued to their hand. Only us older folks at this early morning hour (at least early for me).


Their strawberries looked tempting but I did not buy them. Avocados went up in price...I love them so much I purchased them anyway. 😊


$3.48 divided by 6 = .58 cents each

They had these huge avocados for $2.25 each.


A two pound package of Cooked Ham finally went down in price...


You will have to hear me whine again...there was only ONE 12-pack of White Claw Hard Seltzer - Black Cherry. What is going on...why the shortage? 


They only had the variety pack and Watermelon...at least it was not Mango flavor 😝

I almost broke down and bought a slice of red velvet cake but I was not about to pay $3.68 for something I used to purchase for $1.98.


Their 53" River Tube is cheaper and safer that the raft I found at Walmart last month. If I had someone to go tubing with, I would have purchased it.




Gasoline is once again on the rise. I was almost at half a tank because it has just been so hot to stop to fill up in the afternoon. It has been a long time since Diesel was cheaper than Unleaded gasoline.




A couple of years back I documented how the store employees fed some homeless cats. Today there were no cats but plenty of birds though by the time I took the picture they had flown away.



This afternoon I went for my follow up appointment with my Doctor that was cancelled in May. I was the last person to leave their office. I have not yet decided if I will get my labs tomorrow or next week.

We have been experiencing hellish temperatures and they will continue for a while.


I am sorry for my readers that live in Arizona and Nevada as this Sunday they will be breaking records that have stood since they began to keep them.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


2 comments:

  1. Yes. Hot here too. Glad you are surviving.....looks like it's not going to be over soon....so we will just have to hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know about you but it seems to me that each summer it just gets hotter. I do not recall ever experiencing these temperatures in Austin or when we moved to Del Rio...that or my CRS is getting worse... :-(

      What no comment on the avocados?

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.