Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, June 26, 2023

Tenth day in a row of record setting temperatures...

I was outside by 6:15 a.m. feeding the cats and watering the trees before sunrise. The heat has been oppressive of late and I only venture into town early in the morning. 

Wendy's was recently remodeled so I decided to check it out and stopped for breakfast. Had to move to another table as their brand-new floor was uneven. You could see someone had placed napkins on some table legs to keep them from wobbling.


I was not impressed with their breakfast sandwich as it was very salty. I had real coffee which was not a good idea as it made me jittery and gave me a headache.

I timed it to coincide with DD's opening as I did not want to wait in the parking lot. I was told last week that they might have a different color for an outdoor bistro set. Sadly they did not, just orange


I am looking for yellow or red but even Wayfair was sold out.


I found different size containers to store pet food but they were kind of flimsy.




Made a quick trip to Walmart to pick up some bananas and to check if they finally had White Claw Hard Seltzer - Black Cherry. Just like HEB they only had the variety pack and Mango flavor...what is going on?

For a minute I considered getting this to go floating down San Felipe Creek...but thought better of it :-D


Today for the tenth day in a row we set a record high in Del Rio when we reached 111 degrees.


Tomorrow we may break another record. It will be a Yellow Day with peak energy demand.


Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Texas Heat Memes






2 comments:

  1. Glad you are staying safe from the Heat.
    Those telling you to save power are probably sitting in front of their ACs.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ERCOT stands for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas and gives guidelines to us Texans but you are right they are probably not even following their own guidelines and using as much energy as possible in their own homes.

      My fear is that the grid will collapse like it did back in February 2021 that gave way to the Great Texas Freeze that cost the lives of 246 people.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.