Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, November 4, 2023

Spectrum Service Outage

Since August we have been experiencing various service outages with our ISP, Spectrum. Usually, it involves the internet but today it is all-inclusive...cable, landline phone, and internet. I called them but they had such a long wait I opted to let them call me back on my cellphone which thankfully is with another provider.


Briefly considered going to the library but remembered that they open at 1:00 p.m. on weekends. They also have Spectrum as their ISP so it would not have done any good. Two weeks ago I went to print out some documents only to find that several of their computers were not working. I had better luck this week.

The customer service representative informed me there was a two-city-wide outage as a fiber optic cable had been cut and they were working on it. I regret not asking her what other city was involved. She also mentioned that if the outage lasted more than four hours we could get reimbursed...I thought that was funny...how much would I receive...a quarter? 😄

Ordinarily, I would not care if it involved cable. Still, today Telemundo was going to carry live El Día de los Muertos parade from Mexico City and I was looking forward to watching it. I am seeing it now but it keeps on going on and off.

It has been a while since I posted gasoline prices. I was in shock to learn what California residents are paying for theirs. We have more reasonable prices at $2.829 at HEB. I filled my tank up at Walmart for $2.819 for regular unleaded.


Aunty Acid





No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.