Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Busy Tuesday

One of the benefits of living in a small town is that you can make an appointment at the local dealership and get in the next day.  An acquaintance of mine that was a service tech at a local dealership in Pearland or was it Alvin?  told me to never schedule an appointment on Monday, Friday or Saturday as most of the mechanics were either hungover, sleepy, tired or looking forward to the weekend and to also try to not be the first customer.  Since then I have heeded his advice.  Passed up an early appointment and settled for one at 10:00 a.m.



A couple of months back I blogged about a little girl going into convulsions at the laundromat.  Her dad is a salesman at the local Toyota dealership and I sought him out to see how she was doing.  She is doing fine and has not had anymore seizures.  In that post I mentioned that as bad as my CRS (it stands for can't remember doodoo) is I was surprised I remembered his name. He happens to have the same last name as an old classmate of mine, turns out she is his aunt!

Val Verde County where Del Rio is located gives its taxpayers a small discount in their property taxes if they are paid before the January 31st deadline. On my way to the courthouse saw that a local church was having its annual pumpkin drive.



I then headed to the P.O. Box and wanted to scream!  If I had come to get the mail first, I could have saved $20 in the car services I had performed today and gotten a free car wash (sigh).....I can just see Billy Bob laughing as he reads this...for some reason he thinks I am cheap :D

I do not know when they opened the local Derksen buildings lot but it must not have been long ago.  I am so happy they are in town as I was going to have to pay some mileage charges if I had bought it in the Uvalde, Texas lot.

Maybe Santa Claus will be generous and buy me one of these?



Swung by HEB to check out beer prices but they were not to my liking.  The new specials start tomorrow so we will see if they will lower them enough to make it worthwhile. Even though I guess even our high prices are better than the Study Butte or Lajitas prices.

Was going to fill up but the news people say prices at the pump are starting to tumble so will wait a while as I do not know when my departure date will be.  I am waiting on my aunt and uncle to get here so I can pick them at the bus station as my mother no longer drives.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Sure you don't want to wait until you get ready to move down here to buy one of those buildings? That's the same type Ron sells down here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking at a small storage shed for Del Rio. I am tired of having to go move boxes out of my room when we have company (my room is the guest room).

      When I buy my land in Terlingua I want a little cabin.

      Delete
    2. I need a couple of storage sheds here to take care of the overloaded tank and cabin.

      Delete
    3. I too need a couple of storage sheds so I can start bringing all the stuff from Houston but unless I win the lotto (which I do not play) looks like it will be while as funds are scarce.

      Delete
  2. Gas prices going down here too. 3.39 today. We used to get a discount on property taxes, from Oct. thru Jan.,,but,,not any more. Sooo,,i pay mine the last day of Jan...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like in Harris County no discount whatsoever...so I too wait till the last day to pay :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.