Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

The downside of living in a small town

Mother was scheduled to have an MRI this past Friday, we were about to leave when they called to let us know that the machine had broken down and a repair person was on his way from San Antonio but they could not guarantee it would be fixed that day. He tentatively re-scheduled her for Saturday.

First thing Saturday I called to make sure the machine was up and running but it wasn't. Was informed that they would call us sometime next week to re-schedule. Our local hospital is the only place in town that has said machine.

Monday the healthcare worker assigned to mother got on the phone as soon as she found out to try to schedule the first available appointment but surprise...the closest date she could book was in two weeks. This is when I miss living in Houston where there are hundreds of options.

Today I went to stock up on groceries as I try to avoid going to stores the week before Christmas.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. There is only one time of the year when I can say this & not look like a nut case, this is it!
    Merry Christmas Ms Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness. Would it be too painful for your Mom to make the trip to Uvalde Memorial? I suppose you’d have to get her doc to send her orders there, but she shouldn’t have to wait weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From mother's house to Uvalde Memorial Hospital it is a 75 mile or 150 round trip. She can barely make the 15 minute trip to our local hospital. Del Rio is full of potholes and bad roads and with her lacerated back she feels every imperfection on the road.

      Delete
  3. It can be so frustrating trying to get these appointments to work out right. How is your mom's leg healing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her leg is coming around and she is able to put more pressure on it. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  4. I can surely sympathize. Doctors were telling me I might have cancer, scheduled an appoint a couple of months out, and then kept delaying it. Now after over 4 months of waiting I finally got an appointment. It's a good thing I'm not really worried about the outcome - I think they are just trying to figure out why I'm anemic. Best of luck to you getting your mom to an appointment that is close and doesn't give her so much pain to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gypsy and best of luck to you as well.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.