Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Halloween in Terlingua

My friends were going to leave Houston as soon as they got off of work on Tuesday and drive all night.  It had been ten years since she had come down and I was driving at the time so was a little worried she would not be able to find the cook-off or most importantly the campground.

She was pretty loaded down too.
I was about to take a bite from my breakfast taco when I spotted her car coming down the road.  I was relieved they had made it safely to Terlingua.  I had not told the guys she was coming as I wanted to surprise them and boy was it ever a surprise :D




After helping them set up camp my reward were a couple of these:

An ice chest full of jello shots
We soon prepared for Halloween and she began by dressing up the men in our camp :-)




The trick or treaters soon arrived


After sunset the adult party began and let's just say it went until the wee hours of the morning....

Stay tuned for more tales from the desert.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


2 comments:

  1. Looked like enough jello shots to turn on the whole cook off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not quite the whole cook-off but it sure got the party started at our as well as adjacent camps :)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.