Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

We had a balmy 89 degree day

I did not expect for it to be so hot today, it officially reached 89 degrees.


The bank temperature was 88 degrees when I pulled into Stripes to fill up.  I had to cave in and once more charge my Stripes card so I could get a .03 cent discount on the going price of  $3.29 a gallon.  Best to fill up now before the price escalates.


Price at HEB without any type of discount.


Due to my health issues I am behind on a lot of things.  Today, I went and ran several errands...fortunately, I did so without the assistance of a cane...that for me is huge!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

7 comments:

  1. It's good that you're up & about, without the cane is just a bonus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The price of gas here has gone up about 50 cents a gallon from back at the beginning of winter. I think the oil companies are just jerking us around. It sounds like you're feeling a lot better.

    I just had a thought - what is the price of gas in Mexico? Is it worth the trip across the border and back?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Gypsy, I am feeling a whole lot better and very grateful for that.

      Actually gasoline costs more in Mexico and except for their premium gas which is refined in the United States their gasoline is not very good. When we used to go on vacation my father carried a box of additives (I believe it was in a red bottle) which had to be added with every fill-up or the car made knocking noises..

      The majority of the Mexican people that live along the border cross over and gas up their cars in the United States...better quality gasoline at a lower price.

      Delete
  3. The Mexican government owned oil company Pemex is just jerking the people of Mexico around with those high prices.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.