Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fallen back on old vices

The wind was blowing mighty strong today and kept on until around 8:00 p.m. this evening. Temperature wise we had a high of 71 degrees  For the most part I have been staying in. Considered driving Midnight (the Toyota) to the lake since it has basically been just sitting in the garage, but the wind made me change my mind.  I have driven dad's old car on both occasions that I have gone to Mexico to see the doctor.

In this global economy everything in the world affects gas prices.  Just last Monday regular gasoline was selling for $3.13 a gallon. Before heading to Mexico stopped at the only truck stop we have in Del Rio, which due to its proximity to the border is .02 to .03 cents higher than in town...but .14 cents higher?


Have you guys gotten accustomed to the time change?  Basically since I retired it has not bothered me, I do not have to be at any particular place at any given time.  However, I have fallen back on old vices and it has affected my night time schedule.

I used to love to watch foreign soap operas...my favorites were Colombian and Brazilian soaps...they are more down to earth and credible than Mexican soap operas.  Since these soaps are beamed to the border from Mexico City and we get to catch the signal for free, why not?  Only problem is that except for the border...the interior of Mexico has not gone on Daylight Savings Time.

Now if I want to go online, I have to do so an hour later which affects my ability to beat Bloggers 2:00 a.m. deadline and still be able to post on the same day. As you can see I have nothing to blog about! :D

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


9 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for the daylight & the birds to wake me, I've been sleeping later since the clocks changed.
    We lived in Port Angeles Washington back in the 80's. We were 100 yards out of the town limits so we didn't get cable & had to use broadcast TV. PA is really close to Canada so we got Canadian TV, I will always remember "3's Company" in French.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three's Company was a pretty funny show but in French bet it was hilarious!

      Delete
  2. Since i retired i just look at the time and go from there. So the change doesn't effect me much either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we paid our dues and are not ripping the rewards. God, I used to hate the time change especially when we lost one hour :-(

      Delete
    2. I meant to say "we paid our dues and are NOW ripping the rewards"...sorry for my typo :(

      Delete
  3. The only reason I check the time is to see when my favorite TV shows will be on. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. The time change had me disoriented for about a week. I wish they would just keep it as it is year around. When I lived in Ireland I watched a couple of English soaps (EastEnders which is still running) and one from Australia, one from New Zealand. I got really good at differentiating the Aussie from the New Zealand accents. It's funny how soaps are the same the world over. I spent 5 wks in Korea in the 1980's and sometimes watched a Korean soap. Couldn't understand a word, but somehow I knew what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only reason I don't complain much about the time change is due to my poor night time vision.I can now go to the store in the evening and it still be daylight.

      I like foreign soaps because you pick up a little of their culture, words they use to describe what we would call by a different name, and their outlook on things.

      In particular prime time Brazilian soaps which are more open in their way of thinking and living, unlike let's say "more puritan way of thinking" of Central and South American countries.

      In Houston there are a lot of free channels and being the insomniac that I am would watch Vietnamese or at least I thought it was Vietnamese movies and have a great time...though like yourself I did not understand a word...one can figure out what is going on.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.