Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Premier Portable Buildings - Hondo, Texas

I have been wanting to purchase a shed or cabin for a while but just when I am about to do so something with more urgency comes along such as a new A/C unit last year.


In a certain way, waiting has worked to my advantage as a new cabin/shed maker has made its entry to the scene and brought down prices.




My shed in Houston was manufactured by Tuff Shed. At the time I purchased it they were the only players in the marketplace.  Later Derksen made its entry and now we have Premier Portable Buildings.




They have very competitive prices and have a large inventory in Hondo, Texas.  I was able to stop and look around yesterday.

I was surprised at the size of this cabin  14 x 40 though I think it would be overkill for my current needs it would work great in Terlingua.  At $11,902.00 it is a great price for a home.




Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. That last one is a huge shed/cabin.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me by surprise when I opened the door and saw how big it was.

      On a TV show out of Fort Worth and surrounding area called Texas Flip and Move they made a very nice house out of one of these structures.

      Delete
  2. I like the loft on general principles (I'm a victim of too much stuff) but that last one is nice just because of the size of it.

    The whole idea of going down & renting (to own) a building for your land, delivered by a truck is just a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The concept of rent to own and having a ready made shelter delivered to my land is very enticing to me.

      Delete
  3. The smallest one of those shown is a good bit larger than my trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some smaller sheds but they had no windows and were more affordable.

      Delete
  4. I think you could do so much to make one of those a very nice home. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Need to save up for a little bit longer Gypsy.

      Delete
  5. This is what I also have in mind if I can find a cheap piece of property up in the mountains. I am amazed at some of these shed/cabin buildings and what can be done with them. There are lots of places here that sell them so they are much cheaper here. Of course when you want to add something like maybe more windows then the price starts to climb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that you can customize your shed by adding windows or an extra door but like you mention then the price starts going up. For my purposes the standard three windows that come with it are more than enough.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.