Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, November 16, 2018

Grocery run

I was hesitant to go to HEB this afternoon but I ran out of my high blood pressure medication on Tuesday as well as batteries to power my high blood pressure monitor.  I knew I could not postpone it for another day...as starting tomorrow until Thanksgiving...the crowds only become more massive with each passing day.

Last week before I threw my back out I had gone grocery shopping but did not buy fruits, vegetables or paper goods because I was going to take Paquito (my cat) to Ciudad Acuña to be neutered. Obviously, that did not happen thus was not able to make a grocery run while there. So like it or not I also paid a visit to Walmart as I have NO intention of setting foot in another store until after Thanksgiving.

Decided to treat myself and purchased a bottle of wine as well as some Egg Nog...which I will spike with Kahlua...that I bought on my last trip to Mexico.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. I hope you remembered everything so you don't have to deal with the crowds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I did forget a couple of things...darn CRS...but nothing of vital importance to make me return to the stores!

      Delete
  2. I like the Terlingua header picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Those used to be my camping buddies but they quit coming. Sure do miss them :(

      Delete
  3. I am also a slave to high blood pressure medicine. The medicine does not make it better, it just keeps it under control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is all we can do Dizzy try to keep it under control.

      Delete
  4. Kahlua with egg nog sounds very very good. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not say Cheers yet as I am still taking medication but I plan to kick the medication to the curve next week and enjoy my wine as well as Kahlua and egg nog :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like your doing better. I was asked at the last minute to do Thanksgiving since I wasn't going camping. So I still need to buy a turkey hope I can get into the store tomorrow but if it's to crowded I will wait until first light on Monday. Kahlua and eggnog sure sounds good to me haven't had that in ages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry you are not going to be able to go camping, I know how much you were looking forward to that.

      I think an early morning run in particular on a Monday will certainly help you avoid the mobs. You are a brave lady!!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.