Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, November 26, 2018

So how many of you participated in Cyber Monday?

I woke up early and went online to see if I could find a comparable 40" TV set for under $100.00 that Walmart was out of stock of during Black Friday.  Did not find such a bargain so I bought what I usually buy on Cyber Monday...affordable Micro SDHC cards. My contribution to Cyber Monday was $12.00.

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

Why can we not close out games in the fourth quarter?  A Spurs fan has to have nerves of steel to watch a game.  I really thought we were going to lose tonight and would of if that guy had made that last shot.  A win is a win even if it was only by one point. I think "curanderas" were busy at work tonight and earned every penny!

While watching the game the announcers mentioned that Spurs.com was also having a Cyber Monday sale so went to check it out. Why in the world do we still have Kawhi Leonard merchandise available?  Who would wear it?  I would not even take it if they gave it to me for free...just my two cents on that subject!

15 comments:

  1. I don't even know what Cyber Monday is. I just went and took pictures of flowers for freeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can not beat pictures of flowers in particular if they happen to be free.

      Delete
  2. I couldn't think of anything I needed ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Mam, I stayed home where it isn't so crowded (grin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Cyber Monday you do not go to the stores you shop online.

      Delete
  4. I didn't buy anything on Monday. It isn't my choice that I have to buy some things online since I'm not driving these days, but I hate it. In like to see what I'm buying, touch it, selecte a color, size, or whatever. The only reason they push online buying is so they can avoid hiring people, and those are usually the people who most need jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly so shortage of jobs around here for those who are willing to work.

      Delete
    2. I do not know if I agree about pushing online sales to help avoid hiring people. They still have to hire personnel in their warehouses and processing centers to fill and mail out all the orders.

      As busy as we are in our daily lifes to me it is a convenience. In Del Rio we do not have much to choose from as far as stores are concerned, the biggest one is Walmart or a three hour drive to San Antonio.

      I do understand your point of being able to see and touch things and if I know Walmart carries it in their store I will usually go and check it out in person but if I have a coupon for an online discount I will usually purchase it that way.

      Delete
  5. I had no intention of going online but a gift for my daughter had to be purchased there for free delivery. And I saved $20. to boot with free delivery. Not the color I was hoping for but I'm sure she won't mind noting in her house matches and she has been looking for a microwave cart for months that she could afford.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughter is getting something she really wants and you saved $20.00 I would say that is a win-win situation.

      Delete
  6. Did you JINX YOUR SPURS in Minnesota? Shame!
    Pitiful performance - maybe Friday at home vs Sprockets will redeem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I did not jinx OUR SPURS. I turned it off during the third quarter when we had already dug a hole to deep to overcome.

    I have not been following the other teams in the league so I have no idea what kind of record the Rockets have. Hopefully playing at home we can redeem ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeeee-ho! Maybe I am the jinx. Rockets kicking @$$. Only down 30 start of 4th. Gonna be hard to close this one out! Maybe Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets hope so, but I am not holding my breath on that one :(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.