Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, March 11, 2022

Last cold front of the season?

We are having some wicked winds here in southern Val Verde County and temperatures are going to drop below the freezing mark this evening. I sure am glad I have not washed Midnight (my car) because it along with the others are caked with dust. The news at noon said 33 mph but it sure felt like they were higher than that.


Actually, it is not only us but the whole state of Texas that is under a freeze warning and is experiencing high winds. However, I am not complaining and I will relish this what I hope is our "last cold front" of the season as our summers can be brutal.

On Wednesday, March 2nd I went to drop off metal cans and plastic water bottles at the Recycling Center but prior to that I had stopped at Stripes to pick up a breakfast taco but everything looked dry so I passed. I was hungry so I stopped at Burger King and since no one was dining at the time decided to eat my meal there. I apologize for this small picture but when I e-mail them to myself they shrink 😒


This is probably the fourth time I have eaten here since it opened three or four years ago so I am not familiar with the menu. The guy asked me if I wanted small, medium, or large...so I said large. I had no idea that "large" referred to everything else but the darn breakfast sandwich which was frankly not that good. First KFC and now Burger King...are the "Let Me Cheat Fast Food Gods" conspiring against me?

A gentleman arrived and also decided to dine in. Like most people these days he was on his phone calling his friends or relatives to relay the price of gasoline at various places in town. I had already seen the price at HEB when I drove by but could not take a picture because the phone was in my purse.  On my way home I stopped to snap a picture.

Price on March 2, 2022

Even though I still had 3/4th of a tank I got a wild hair and decided to fill up. Something I am grateful for. That is the last time I gassed up Midnight.


As you know I am a "news junkie" so I have been glued to the television set and somehow making a post about my first-world problems that do not amount to a hill of beans in the enormity of what is going on in the world seemed trivial...but I needed a break and decided to give myself one this afternoon. That in a nutshell is why I have not made a post or even gone online.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid





6 comments:

  1. We are presently getting snow that the forecasters are saying came from Texas.
    Fuel prices are skyrocketing everywhere.
    We all need a break from life once in a while.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the snow came from Texas it was probably from the Panhandle. With the cold front, the San Antonio channels (where we get our coverage from) mainly concentrated on their viewing area.

      One good thing about being retired is not having to drive anywhere on a daily basis though I do feel for those that need to fuel up their vehicles to go to work or school.

      Delete
  2. I forgot to get gas the other day but I better not wait any longer or it will cost me dearly right now I am also at 3/4 mark and it will cost me about $25. Won't be doing much wandering around for sure. Glad I have a camp ground near by.
    I haven't eat at a Burger King is years and I won't ever do KFC again after the last trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a good idea to gas up as soon as you can. Good thing we do not have any out-of-town trips in the near future. One thing that helps me forget the high gas prices is to think of all those poor Ukranians who through no fault of their own were invaded by a madman and are now refugees in other countries and have no homes to go back to.

      I hope you get to go camping and that as a bonus the campgrounds are near you. Many of the YouTube vloggers I follow have been in Arizona for a couple of weeks and are saying it is cold and windy there. Bundle up and have a good time.

      Delete
  3. YES! Let's hope it is the last big cold front. A little one will come through tonight. But it won't do much. We need rain badly, and fire advisories are probably going to increase for the forecast future. Hate to hear BK got a close to failing grade. I always liked their food, but it's been a long time. They've only returned to town recently. Meanwhile, gas here was $4 a gallon when I filled up today. I looked it up, and 2008 was the last time it was this high...and it's understandable this time around. I can't even remember what was going on in 2008. HA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are under a "red flag warning" due to the extreme drought conditions, low humidity, and now these strong winds. KSAT-12 in San Antonio mentioned how many days it has been since Del Rio had any measurable precipitation...as expected I forgot the exact number but it was over 100 days...darn my CRS!

      You made me smile as I have no recollection of 2008 or its prices either :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.