Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, February 24, 2022

I Voted / KFC

I barely slept last night as I watched cable news most of the evening and early morning keeping up with the Ukrainian invasion. It was cold and cloudy this morning as I went out to feed the cats. Around 12:30 p.m. the sun miraculously appeared and it certainly lifted my spirits.

I decided to take this opportunity and went to vote as tomorrow it is supposed to be colder.  El Zócalo interviewed a local candidate who urged the population to come out to cast their ballot as early voting had been disappointing thus far.


This is the first time that early voting that in the past has taken place at the Val Verde County Courthouse has been moved to the Del Rio Civic Center. There were hardly any cars or lines. I went right in presented my voter registration and driver's license. With these new voting rules, I was forced to listen to some stupid generic recording saying that I declared I was eligible to vote and had not voted in another county or in another party's primary then I had to sign on a tablet before I was given a ballot and took it to the area where the voting machines were located.

There were about six people voting at the time but there were plenty of voting machines so I just went to an empty one. When I finished I took my ballot and fed it to another machine where a worker thanked me for voting and asked if I wanted an "I Voted" sticker which I accepted. I just took it off my sweater that is why you can see black fibers.


There were more candidate support vehicles in the parking lot than actual voter vehicles. I apologize as this picture came out blurry.


I was hungry so I stopped at our local KFC and decided to try their chicken sandwich. It was ok.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid




Funny Saying of the Day




7 comments:

  1. I voted early last week. Texas Tribune has info on early voting....the percentages of people voting is TINY!!
    As is usual in the primaries. Well. OK. That's where we are.
    Wish you had partaken of a completely delicious chicken sandwich as a reward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No joke it is TINY just went to look...Val Verde County shows only 6.5% of 28,823 registered voters have participated in these primaries.

      I was disappointed in my chicken sandwich as commercials make it seem like it would be bigger and tastier than what it was. Oh well, next time I will stick to my favorite reward food...PIZZA!

      Delete
    2. Ha. Your county did better than mine - only 2.8%.

      Delete
  2. About your watching the Ukranian news: when I was 11, my parents had just gotten a tv, and I watched the Russian tanks move into Hungary. Same old, same old, I thought. But we'll see what happens this time. Maybe things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply but I have not been online in a couple of days.

      The situation does not look good as of this Tuesday, March 1st afternoon. With the 40 mile long military Russian convoy on the way to the capital city of Kyiv, you can only hope for the best but are aware that things could get very bad in the following hours.

      Delete
  3. So here we are almost 2 weeks later. I hope you are well and things have been OK in your life. Cold front comes in here tonight and we will go from 76 today to 34 tomorrow (highs), so I'll bet you will feel it down there. Snug up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not had a desire to go online with everything that is going on in the world.

      We will in fact experience a very cold night this evening. Stay warm and thank you for checking in.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.