Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, March 4, 2023

Covid-19 is still alive and well in Val Verde County

Reports of Covid-19 numbers have mainly disappeared from print as well as the news media. I was checking Ciudad Acuña's online newspaper El Zocalo when I found this article. https://www.zocalo.com.mx/reportan-99-nuevos-contagios-de-covid/

As of last week, the numbers reported were 99 new Covid cases in Val Verde County. The majority of the cases are comprised of people in the age group of 60 to 69 years of age. Second place those 50 to 59 followed by a third group of 20 to 29 years of age. There are infants one-year-old to seniors 90 years of age included in these figures.

We have 179 active cases in the county. As of the start of the year, there have been 1075 cases reported. I will continue to wear my mask even if some people give me funny looks.

Yesterday I had to pick up even more fallen branches from the latest windstorm and drag them to the curb and glad I did because the county truck came by and picked them up.

We had a warm day reaching a high of 87 degrees per the 5:00 p.m. news.


Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



6 comments:

  1. I doubt we will ever see an end to this damn virus. They reported that it defently came from a lab in China, gee are we all super surprised?
    We are finally going to be in the 70's this coming week. Went out and made a round of my property with the weed killer, but I know it will take at least 3 rounds to get rid of all the weeds. All the rain and then the flood when the main water line broke and it ran into our yards for 6hrs and flooded out everything.
    Your temps are really high for this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Jo, we will have to take an annual shot just like we do for the flu. If it wasn't for the news about the alleged origin of this virus...that came as NO surprise to anyone...Covid would not have even made the news cycle.

      At least you started to tackle your weeds, I have not even begun and in typical Belinda fashion, I will probably procrastinate until I have to hire someone. After the last incident with that worthless yardman in Dec 2021 I have no desire to hire anyone new.

      Our temperatures are in line we usually have a few high 80s and 90s in January and February but this year they have been more frequent. I just dread what the summer months might bring temperature-wise.

      Delete
  2. Geez. There are only 24 new cases, with something like 30 active cases in this county, but we're at 30,000 population, compared to your 47,000 plus a little bit. So it is up around there. Wonder if it has anything to do with vaccination rate. Ah well, yes, it will be here for a while to come. Glad they picked up all your fallen tree limbs. We had a few around here.....but not in my neighborhood. A few blocks made the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What gets to me is that I have to go to the webpage of a Mexican newspaper to find out about this. Why won't the website of the Del Rio newspaper not publish this? Not everyone in Del Rio is bilingual like I fortunately am.

      Delete
    2. I get my stats off the county health department webpage. Maybe yours doesn't have one.....

      Delete
    3. JudithK, I believe we have something like that but I have not accessed it in a long time. I believe that if a local webpage is going to "masquerade" as a newspaper for the community they serve...THEY should be the ones to provide us with that information.

      Why is it that a Mexican newspaper would go to that effort but not the Del Rio one? That was the point I was trying to make. As for me I wear my KN-95 mask and a face shield and always carry hand sanitizer no matter what the Covid numbers are. My concern is for those people that have no idea what the infection rate is in our area and do not take the needed precautions.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.