Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, June 4, 2023

More rain / Tornado watch / Biting flies / Derksen Buildings

It has not even been two weeks since Sipriano mowed the yard and the weeds have once again grown due to all the precipitation we have experienced. I can not afford to have him come every two weeks like I have to do for my house in Houston. There I have no choice or I will be fined by the HOA. My yard is the size of a postage stamp whereas my mother's yard is sizeable and thus more expensive to maintain.


This past Friday, we were warned since the 5:00 p.m. news of strong cells that could impact the area.



We were also under a Tornado watch that thankfully did not materialize but it did rain.


If we did not have enough with pissy as well as fire ants we now have biting flies and wasps. I know I have fly stick paper as well as cans of wasp spray...the question is...where is it?



I have been saying I want a little cabin for years but I really need one as I can not find anything. I follow Dan of " I Allegedly", Jeremiah Babe, the Economic Ninja, and so many other economic channels on YouTube. The economic gurus seem to think that as the economy tanks so will the prices and I will be able to purchase one for half the price. I hope they are right.


It has five windows and from the outside, it looks more like a tiny house. That is the problem, I would be afraid it would be easy to break in via said windows. Priced at $12,850.00 it seems reasonable. 


They had a used one but I did not like it. If I were younger I could use the loft as an area to store more expensive or less used items but let's face it...my ladder climbing days are long over...not that they ever started. 😏


The floors were a mess...

The price seemed a little high for a used cabin...




Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



2 comments:

  1. WOW you sure are having some crazy weather there. I know you keep plenty of emergency lighting on hand and other supplies. Been getting things collected around here. Monsoon season is just around the corner. I did buy a small 30 watt power station a while back it will keep small things charged, I picked up a small fan that is USB chargable and a very small fan that I can run on my power station. The fans maybe small but at least it give some relief and air flow. Was thinking about checking out a 100 watt solar panel so it can keep it charged.
    Take care and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year we were in a severe drought and now it rains several times a week...just my luck!

      I have been eyeing some small power stations like the ones the van and car dwellers have but they are expensive. Many of them have solar panels but with my cats, they would probably attempt to play with the charge cords.

      I went to Walmart but they were out of the small USB chargeable fans. I might try Ollie's since they have their 15 percent off event until June 11th.

      Stay safe as well during your Monsoon season.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.