Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Finally...RAIN!!!

After days, weeks, and months of severe drought conditions in my little corner of southern Val Verde County...the sky opened up and gave us some much-needed liquid gold in the early morning hours of Tuesday, October 24th, as well as today. If we are lucky the rain will continue on and off for a couple more days.

My primitive rain catchment is full, and I am using all types of containers to bottle up this precious liquid.

The temperatures are still warm so the A/C has not been turned off. However, that will soon change as a cold front is expected to arrive next week.

Good night. May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I am on pins and needles looking forward to the first Spurs game of the regular NBA season. In Del Rio, we get out local channels from San Antonio, Texas a city 144 miles east of us. Alamo City residents as well as all the residents of areas that get their programming are looking forward to this much-anticipated game and seeing Victor Wembanyama's first official game as a Spur.


Aunty Acid



4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're back! Yes, the rain is being delicious! And you're not the only one excited about the Spurs. Here's an article from the biggest newspaper in France, the version in English: https://www.lemonde.fr/en/france/article/2023/10/25/victor-wembanyama-will-shine-a-spotlight-on-fellow-french-nba-players_6200451_7.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain is always welcome!

      Thank you for the link. Glad I got to read a good portion before they wanted to charge me to finish the article :-)

      Delete
    2. That's weird. I read the whole thing for free. Shoot!!

      Delete
    3. Don't worry about it, I think I got to read most of it. It reminded me of our former newspaper "The Del Rio News-Herald"...but they only allowed you read the first paragraph before making you pay :-D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.