Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Del Rio wins recycling award for fifth year in a row

Found out through "The Zocalo" online portal that Del Rio Recycling Center won an award for the fifth year in a row.  Kimberly Del Castillo, director at the Center is credited for this honor. Stopped by to drop off my recyclables and congratulated her as did all the people that came in. Told her where I read it and she said "El Zocalo" (Mexican Newspaper from Acuna, Coahuila) was the first media to come by with a copy of their newspaper where the article first appeared. http://www.zocalo.com.mx/seccion/articulo/premian-a-del-rio-por-su-programa-de-reciclaje-1394942370


Who knew back in the 80's and 90's that all these CRT's and old computers would end up here...at least they are not in the city dump taking up valuable space.




We went by the hospital Radiology Department to pick up some of my mother's records.  The hospital does not have the best reputation in the city (in particular the ER) but I must say that their Radiology Department is excellent and they have always treated my mother well. The gentlemen that gave us copies of the records personally came into the waiting room and hand delivered the package to her.  He treated her like she was an old friend and wished her well.  For that I am extremely appreciative.


More errand running took place before we went home to eat dinner.  Afterward decided to swing by the laundromat and do towels and blankets.  Slowly but surely hope to make a dent in all the chores I put off while I was ill.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. You say WAS ill, hoping that means you're good now. It's been long enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling much better Trouble like night and day.

      While I am experiencing pain on my right hip it only occurs if I happen to walk too much. Hopefully that will go away soon.

      You said it...it has been long enough!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you are much better now. Isn't it amazing how many things pile up when you don't feel well?

    We have recycling bins and separate trash from recyclables, but they don't take old light bulbs, batteries, etc. How in the world do you get rid of those little annoying things?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Gypsy a lot of things pile up especially when I never got caught up after the long battle with the flu and went into another illness.

      Locally, I was told though I have not had the chance to confirm for myself...that Home Depot takes the old light bulbs. Our recycling center also takes all types of batteries but you have to bring them down yourself.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.