Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Equifax data breach

With the aftermath of both Hurricane Harvey and now Hurricane Irma and watching continuous television coverage of both, I have neglected to take care of other things.  One of those being the Equifax data breach.

I am still angry that Equifax kept the breach concealed for so long. Unfortunately, today I learned that I am one of the millions of Americans whose information was compromised.

From what I have read freezing my credit report with the three credit agencies is probably the only thing I can do. It pisses me off that I am going to have to pay to do this.  The only way to unfreeze it is by entering a PIN number and now I read that this number and the way it is generated is not safe either. What a nightmare!

I wonder who the hackers were and what they are going to do with all this information?  There are definitively more questions than answers.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


6 comments:

  1. It will take someone a lot smarter than I am to solve this problem. If I find myself in trouble, I don't know what I will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone needs to hold them accountable though that is of little solace to the millions that have been affected.

      Delete
  2. I don't know how to figure it out either. I went to the Equifax sight but didn't want to enter a lot of personal info to find out if I was compromised. I finally got a message telling me I was probably safe! How safe is that, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to give it a lot of thought before entering additional information but I had to know. Glad to hear your personal information was not compromised.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.