Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, September 3, 2017

Long lines in Del Rio?

Drove into town this afternoon and could not believe the long lines at the gas pumps at HEB. The two Stripes (convenience stores) I passed on the way were completely out of gas as well as smaller gas stations.
http://delrionewsherald.com/news/collection_bbdfd1d0-8eae-11e7-aad6-530025fa005e.html

I can understand this happening in larger cities but in Del Rio?  This is a small town and unless you work by the lake or at Laughlin Air Force Base you do not have a long commute. I can easily go a month on a tank of gasoline unless I have to make a trip to San Antonio.


Spoke to my best friend who lives in Houston and things have not gotten any better. Long lines at the grocery stores...eggs, bread, and milk...very hard to come by.  She lives in the city of Deer Park so is also under a curfew as most cities in the Greater Houston area are.  Her boyfriend and she gassed up before Hurricane Harvey and stocked up on provisions but after more than a week are running low.

She noted that there are very few eating establishments open. She advised me to not even try to come at this time. With what is going on in the world, namely with North Korea and Russia, we may not be around much longer and I won't even have to plan a trip.

I have yet to hear from Linda Lou, she lives with her daughter and her family so I know she is safe somewhere.  She has a regular landline phone so I do not understand why her calls go directly to her answering machine without even ringing.

I have been glued to CNN and the Weather Channel since last Thursday.  Believe it or not, have not even watched my Colombian soap opera.  I picked the perfect time to pull the plug on Dish as they do not carry the Weather Channel in their line-up. This channel was instrumental in me being able to follow what was happening back home.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

7 comments:

  1. I believe North Korea is a real threat. I feel sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As unstable as Kim Jong-Un is...he remains a very real threat.

      I too am sad for Texas and all those other states who were victims of Harvey's fury.

      Delete
  2. Do not panic. I called 1-800-eat chit. Leave your name, date of birth,and social security number and they will get back to ya. I've been dealing with Harvey's flood for over a week now. Everything will be fine. HeeHaw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are doing well RedEyeMule and that you survived the storm.

      Delete
  3. I hope TX can get back on her feet it has been a terrible time there and now we have a threat to FL. coastal area. And the gas is always the first to fire up the prices. Thur. filled up at 2.15 when I got back to town Monday it was 2.35. I won't be doing much riding around if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If Harvey had not been enough now we have Irma to contend with closely followed by José. Gas is still scarse in Texas.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.