Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Mother nature is still angry

I had cleared my calendar in order to finally go to Houston to check on my house after the passage of Hurricane Harvey a month ago.  However, mother nature had the last laugh. We are under flash flood warnings and it has been raining heavily and will continue to do so for a couple more days.

Actually, it would be difficult to even try to make it to San Antonio as Uvalde, Texas has received a lot of precipitation and many roads are closed.  I was surprised that one of San Antonio's television stations sent a reporter to Del Rio to cover the expected deluge.

This morning my arms, legs, and back hurt from bailing all the water yesterday.  Mom's old house needs a lot of TLC.

I had to go into town as we were running low on everything.  At both HEB and Walmart had to wait for the rain to die down but at least we are stocked up in case they put up the barricades out of the subdivision as is the case when it rains a lot.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.




6 comments:

  1. When it rains it... ah.. never mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TX can't seem to catch a break lately. I remember when there hadn't been rain for over a year a while back. So sorry the house floods. Hope you get to Houston so you can check out your own home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This part of Texas was still in a drought so while the rains were needed, not in these quantities. Like everything in Texas we do things big :-(

      Delete
  3. Isn't it awful when all you do is go between heavy rains and drought? I wish we would get some rain, but after what the much of the country has been experiencing I'm not sure if I really want it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gypsy, at least where I live it has been either feast or famine.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.