Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, September 29, 2017

The type of speech a true leader gives

I am so bummed about what is going in Puerto Rico post-Hurricane María and the total lack of coordination and inefficiency from part of the Federal government and outrageous statements from our leaders. My goodness, these are AMERICAN citizens!!!

I never thought I would see another Katrina but I stand corrected this is so unacceptable.  How is it that a celebrity chef can go there on his own dime and manage to get volunteers to help him feed so many people including doctors, nurses, hospital patients not to mention regular people?

Why is it that FEMA has not even managed to pass out water to the population?  I am not looking for answers...I am just venting and wondering out loud.

If you have been reading me for a while you know that I do not bring up politics, religion or other controversial subjects on my blog and no longer follow blogs that do so.  With that said, this blog is about my life and I must admit that many of the natural disasters that have taken place lately have deeply impacted me.

Just when I thought nothing could snap me out of it,  I heard a speech delivered by Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria - Superintendent U.S. Air Force Academy after some Afro-American cadets were victims of racial slurs.  This is the type of speech a true leader gives. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU0RfhvYN8s

After listening to it, it made me even prouder to be an American and to know that our military has men and women of this high moral character.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how these people are suffering. I saw on the news hundreds of box cars loaded to go and yet they are going nowhere. Actors and musicians are donating there own planes and boats and hundreds of thousands of dollars to help. So why isn't the government stepping up to the plate. Electricians from my town have gone to the aid of these people. Something very wrong happening here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those box cars were pre-positioned on the island prior to the hurricane and 11 days later they remain unopened with water, food and medicine that the citizenry are in dire need of.

      Rapper Pitbull sent his own private plane to get cancer patients off the island. NBA Dallas Maverick owner Mark Cuban lent point guard J.J. Barea his plane so he could fly aid to Puerto Rico and what has the government done?

      Kudos to the electricians from your town, those poor people need all the help they can get.

      Delete
  2. I really don't understand the hows & whys of our relief efforts. I don't.
    The cynic in me sees the politically connected (friends-money) getting taken care of first and the lower end of the spectrum being used as a profit center for the upper end.
    How many of the poor returned to New Orleans after Mother Nature did her urban renewal & the powers that be evacuated the poor with Katrina in 2005?
    If I was a real cynic I'd see what's happening in Puerto Rico as an opportunity to lower land prices, depopulate the island & for some segment of our society ('too big to fail' comes to mind) to buy the whole island.
    If I was a real cynic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob. you would be suprised how many people share your sentiments myself included.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.