Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Have I lost my taste buds?

I continue to watch what I eat as I do not want my doctor to put me back on Statins. However one day a week I allow myself to eat what I like within moderation.  Today I treated myself to an avocado and bacon burger at Whataburger.  It did not taste as good as I remember it tasting.

Two weeks ago I bought some menudo and the same thing happened.  While this is good as it will keep me from purchasing it again, it makes me wonder if I have lost my taste buds.  The worst part is that I have lost my taste for beer!!!  What am I suppose to do now, drink wine?

I have been trying to cut down on following news coverage of all the tragedies.  Three hurricanes and a major earthquake just this week has had me on edge. That is without taking into consideration Hurricane Harvey and the trip that I have yet to make to Houston.

Just because my home did not flood does not mean water did not come in through the windows. My homeowner association lady friend installed energy efficient windows two years ago and water still managed to trickle through. I have the same builder grade windows from when I bought the house.

Sometimes I think I should listen to my mechanic. He told me to sell it to one of the multiple flippers who constantly bombard me with offers and just pretend that my house burnt down!  That is easy for him to say as it is not his house or belongings.

To all the people in the path of Hurricane Irma, stay strong, positive and safe.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


9 comments:

  1. Loosing taste is something I really don't want to dwell on... i like garlic!

    I have wondered about keeping the house you're not using, your mechanic may be right... but I'd figured you planned to move back someday..
    Good luck with the rest of hurricane season Ms Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do plan on moving back to Houston someday having my home there makes it easier. A blog reader told me that my house was now officially "bullet proof" as it has never flooded and it could bring more money if I ever decided to sell it.

      Delete
    2. Having the house there makes it a whole lot easier!

      Delete
  2. I like garlic too Rob. We have grown three kinds in our garden. It is very easy to grow. I bought a quality garlic press and now we press out a clove a day for each of us and mix it with honey and peanut butter. It is HOT! Our taste buds will probably not recover until until evening. At least eating garlic keeps the mosquitoes away. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like garlic too Janet, there are many health benefits to incorporating it in ones diet like lowering cholesterol levels in my case.

      Delete
  3. You can listen to people who give advice, but weigh that advice before acting. You are the only one who has to live in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can find many good reasons to avoid statins and lower your cholesterol in other ways. I would never take a statin - a dr. talked me into it a few years ago and within 4 day my right arm and shoulder hurt so badly they were paralyzed! I threw the pills away and vowed to never touch anything like that again. A lot of people experience problems with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I have personally never suffered any visible side effects like yourself, I know statins can be detrimental to ones health and I would rather avoid them if at all possible.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.