Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Good Neighborly Deed

Got up early for me 7:00 a.m. to open up the gates and move the trash bin in case the propane guy comes by.  Mind you he was supposed to come Monday and we are still waiting for him, grrr!!!!

Mom has a doctor’s appointment this afternoon so was busy getting all her medications and paperwork ready when I heard a lawn mower very close by.  Ignored it but it got louder and when I looked out the window mom’s neighbor from across the street was mowing the street portion of her lawn that due to the recent rains have grown at least three feet tall.

I thought that was very nice of him.  He is a likeable fellow who always says hi unless his wife is with him or she is anywhere in the vicinity.  She has probably said hi to me twice in the twelve years since they moved here.  Will only greet my mother if she is alone.  This in spite of the fact that her mother and my mother go to the same congregation and are friends.  I have no idea why, but I don’t particularly care either.  Mom and I will have to thank him when she is not around.  Thank you Joe, we really appreciate it.

On another note fellow bloggers Billy Bob http://billybobsplace.blogspot.com/
and Barney http://ofmadventures.blogspot.com/ are in Del Rio, at the San Pedro Campground in Lake Amistad.

I am hoping to be able to pay them a visit as soon as I finish my antibiotic regiment, as I do not want to give them my cold.  God forbid I make Billy Bob sick he will be writing about it for years. :D

Have a nice day.

4 comments:

  1. When I order propane I expect a delivery the same day I order,or I'm getting another vendor. I used the same company for 20 years,but dropped them when they insisted I start paying with a credit card instead of cash. The vendor I use now, I've had them for 10 years. They like my cash. The hell with credit cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not Del Rio only had one vendor for the longest time and it was an outfit out of Odessa who constantly changed names.

    It used to be that if I called him he would come the same day or at the latest the next day. The Odessa company sold out or got out of this market so another provider from Uvalde hired him real quick since he had a large customer base.

    Since then his service has gone downhill. I am going to give him one more opportunity and if not I will call another vendor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Propane company is the same one the folks used way back in the '50's on the farm and I used to know all of the drivers and the lady in the office knew me and everything about my tank and system. She is the one that told me about "prepay". I pay for my gas in the summer at that rate and they hold it till I need it. Saves me a ton!

    Sorry bout your cold/flu crap. All the Mexican drugs you got didn't knock it out huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben I wish this company offered the prepay option but you are the only one I have ever heard that has that. It would certainly save us a lot of money.

    My mexican drugs gold rid of my cold and my aches but I just can't shake this cough. Those herbal pills that Mom made me buy were worthless. Think I am going to go buy some more Nyquil.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.