Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, October 3, 2011

Why do I procrastinate?

Its not like I want to or do it on purpose but I always seem to put off things to the last minute.  First the income tax preparation, every year I promise myself that it will be the last year that I put myself in such a bind but deep down inside I know I will do it again next year.

We live in the county so we have to buy propane, as gas is not available.  With all the things that went on in September I forgot to check the tank.  Called the propane guy on Friday only to be told that he had to put his truck in the shop but would be here today.  Waited for him until 3:30 p.m. but he never showed up.  Hope we don’t run out soon or I will never hear the end of it from my mother.

Only reason I had to leave was because I forgot I had to send off my car insurance payment and had to make a mad dash to the post office so it would be postmarked with today’s date.  Why couldn’t I have sent it off last week?

I have been griping about the cost of paper products, paper towels, toilet paper, napkins and specially checks.  Well I had no other choice but to order checks because I am down to my last five.  Decided to do it online so they would be processed sooner.  I know I am “computer challenged” but I think they are fooling the public or at least they are fooling me.

Case in point, decided I would order 4 boxes so I would not find myself in a bind in the future.  It clearly said that four boxes of duplicates would cost me $61.80 a rather outrageous sum but since I was a first time customer I would get 20% off making my new price $49.44 still a lot of money but what can I do?  Processed my order then put in an additional coupon I had for $2.00 off.  Then it re-calculated and told me that my new price was $16.50 plus $7.80 for shipping and handling for a grand total of $24.30????

How it the world did I go from owing $49.44 to now only owing $24.30…well I could not argue with the computer so I just hit the complete my order button and was grateful for the savings.

Still catching up on laundry, did two loads today.  Had to put on insect repellent just to go outside as the recent rains has brought a swarm of mosquitoes. Flies have also inundated us, darn things are everywhere.

Hope you have a good night.  28 days to Terlingua :D

2 comments:

  1. I used to have the same problem with checks , forget to order them. I switched to online bill pay through my credit union. Once it's set up , piece of cake, takes maybe 2 minutes to pay a bill. Haven't written a check in months. Saves not only the cost of checks, but stamps!!

    And I hear ya about the flies!! It's like living near the dump!! Where they coming from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ben I have the majority of my utilities for my house in Houston debited from my checking account.

    However my MUD district charges like $2.50 or so to receive online payments. I have to write checks to pay insurance on the cars, house.

    Property taxes are coming up soon, in Val Verde county you get a small discount if you pay them in October. Then there are the darn HOA fees, license tags and annual state inspection fees. Not to mention all the checks I had to write to that worthless mechanic.

    We had a lot of flies a couple of months back when the fires were burning in Comstock but now I have no idea why they are back :-(

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.