Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 9, 2011

So Many Projects, So Little Time

I am overwhelmed to say the least with all the projects that I need to complete this month.  The one weighing the most on my mind is my income tax return that I found out last night is not due Friday th 14th but Monday October 17th.  It gives me a little wiggly room but I am going to pretend that it is due Friday anyway.

I have not prepared an income tax return in years as I have mostly had a CPA do it.  Reading that thick book is torture but I think having to gather all the stuff is even worst.  Good thing is it bored me to sleep so I didn’t even have to take Nyquil.

We had slow steady rain all of last night.  I put out a few buckets to capture some rainwater for mother’s other plants.  I don’t know why I kept on waking up every two hours or so.  Most people that know me know that I am NOT a morning person but today I got up 5:00 a.m.  Again I think it is from just worrying about all I have to do.

Friday the propane guy finally showed up.  Said he had gotten his truck out of the shop on Thursday.  I took a picture but I don’t know how to fix the date.  Was messing with the camera and instead of getting it to post the correct date it now has the erroneous date stamped on the picture to boot….grrr!!!  



The mosquitoes are really bad, we even have them in the house but I cannot use any kind of sprays or chemicals because of mother’s allergies.  In another blog I had read that the author used eucalyptus oil on his dog.  I wonder how effective that would be in humans?  Has anyone ever tried it?

Thank you for the e-mails concerning my bout with the cold/flu.  I am feeling much better but I still have a cough especially at night.  My uncle is also feeling better but he gave the flu to my cousin.  This is surprising since they had both had flu shots.

Would very much like to go to San Pedro campground before Billy Bob and Barney leave but I don’t want to take a chance in making them sick.  Maybe I can drive by, honk and wave??

4 comments:

  1. I use TurboTax to do my taxes, cheaper than a cpa and it's real easy to understand. They walk you through it step by step, no need for any book. Believe me Msb, if I can figure out TurboTax... ANYBODY can :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not see any tax software at Walmart as most people have already prepared their taxes. Thanks for the tip I will most likely use it for next year taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting the flu after having flu shots is not surprising to me at all. The only time I have had the flu bad was after getting a flu shot - I don't get them anymore. The very best preventative is to say away from people as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Edlfrey, that is why I don't get a flu shot either.

    Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.