Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wasted Month

I feel like I wasted the whole month of September.  It came and went so fast and having to sandwich in two trips to Houston did not help any.  One of the main reasons for going besides getting my home security system fixed was to go get forms and instructions at the local IRS office.

I was lucky at that since I figured I had to go downtown but found one close to my house.  For the past twenty or so years I have been having my taxes prepared by a CPA and paying a pretty price for it.  Sure his report is pretty and all that but now I need to cut down on unnecessary expenses, so this year I will prepare them myself.

You are probably wondering, weren’t taxes due back on the 15th of April?  Well, technically yes as well as your payment if you owed taxes but if you filed an extension like I have done practically all my working life you have until October 15th.  Since it falls on Saturday this year I guess I only have till the 14th of October.

To make matters worst I have no idea in which of my zillions of boxes I have my tax information.  Guess I will be going through a lot of boxes L

I am trying to catch up on all the laundry as well.  It would go much faster if I could go to the Laundromat but my mother insists on having the clothes dried on the solar dryer (clothesline).

I think I had mentioned before that I did not know if I had lost my camera or left it in Houston.  For a while there I could not find it in Houston either until I went to the garage and found it on top of my clothes dryer.  Figured it was fried after all it only spent the hottest months in terrible heat but after I changed the batteries I got it to work.  Only problem is that the date got messed up and it now thinks its April.  Well Belinda why don’t you read your manual?  As you might guess, it is also in one of my zillion of boxes…

Yesterday I spent a good deal of the afternoon clearing weeds and trying to remove baby mesquite trees which unfortunately have a very deep root system.  Billy Bob if you are reading this THE HULLA HOE DID NOT WORK.  That thing is useless.  Finally got a square shovel and used it to remove the weeds with less effort on my part and most importantly less stress on my back.

Hope you all have a good Sunday.  Twenty-nine days to Terlingua :D

8 comments:

  1. We had mesquite trees on the farm. When we leased it out to a guy to run cattle . First he cut them all down and hauled them off. Then poured kerosene on the stump. Seems to have worked at that location. Course it's probably illegal according to the EPA. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MsB, well hell no it won't work cut'n down trees....ya need a chain saw for that. Turn it over and it will work.....ya got it upside down. *think'n....hope she didn't get one them serrated blade kind*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben you were lucky that the guy cut them down for you. One local guy that clears lots offered to clear one of my mother's lots that has 3 pretty big mesquite trees for $200 but when I told him I wanted the trees he said it would cost me $300.00 decided to pass on "his offer."

    Actually I want the wood for myself for when I finally get my little plot in Terlingua.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BB I know I am a bit slow but even I realize that a hulla hoe will not cut trees, geeze!!

    I just want to clear tall grass but it is not working. The first hoe I bought was the scalloped kind but I took it back and bought me the regular kind.

    Wish I could post a picture here but I have no idea how to post pictures...I am computer challenged :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing beats mesquite for grilling steaks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is what I hear RedEyeMule. Do not know first hand though as I dont know how to cook or grill :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think you wasted September MsB. You still kickin' aint ya? Any month above ground is a good one ya know.

    Sure hope your eyes are alright after readin' so much on my blog today, what with that annoying backround an all. Appreciate ya takin' the time to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your right HoboJoe, I am alive and still kicking. Sometimes one needs a little reminder that things could be much worst.

    I enjoy reading your blog and do not find the background annoying. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.