Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Was it a Worm?

Lately some of the blogs that I follow have had a similar theme…snakes or critters inside their home or in their yard.  As you know I have a terrible fear of snakes and rats but it seems where there is one there is the other.

When Dad was alive he had a bathroom built outside for when his male friends came over.  While it is a functional bathroom we mostly use it as a laundry room and tool shed.  Went to get the ladder and pruning shears when I saw a dark brown worm about three inches long about the length and width of a crayon and let out a scream!

That “worm” sure moved fast.  Needless to say I quickly got the heck out and now I am afraid to go back in there.  I cannot even bring myself to google information, as I know I will be greeted with a picture of a snake and I will never be able to go to sleep.

Those of you that know about snakes, can you tell me how big snakes are when they are born?  Are snakes hatched from eggs?  The thought of there being a mother, sisters and brothers is a little too much for me.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams…I will be having “worm” nightmares.

4 comments:

  1. MsB:
    I can't stand snakes myself, I think the rattlesnake is born live, although some snakes lay egg's, depends on the species I think, I was always told when I was a kid that rattlesnakes don't lay eggs, and as soon as they are born, they are capable of biting you. I think they are about 4 to 6 inch's at birth?
    Yuk!
    Suerte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Suerte. I am still hoping it was a worm or a baby garden snake :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have a cat? If so, put it in there, it will tell you if there is a snake in there. My x used to put one under the house before he went,,to check it out. Had one, a cat, tell me about one in my house one time. You can tell by the way they react. Mine froze, sniffed high, tail fuzzed up, backed away, then when i went to look she crept away fast.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.