Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Storms

Went to bed “early” last night…11:00 p.m. and woke up at 4:11 a.m.  Had been debating whether or not to leave today with rains in the forecast but decided I could not put it off any longer.

Stopped at Nora’s Tacos in Sabinal, Texas.  If you are a fan of “old school country music” this is the hometown of Johnny Rodriguez…remember him?  Ara recommended this taco stand a while back to his blog readers.  I try to stop by for breakfast when I pass through town.  Ordered a nopalito with egg as well as a ham and egg taco.  They were very tasty.


Gas in Del Rio was $3.31 a gallon.  Glad I waited to fill-up because I found it for $3.17 a gallon in San Antonio.


The cloudy skies made for a nice drive back home.  About 34 miles before Houston the skies got very dark and it started pouring.  Seriously considered getting off at Katy Mills Mall and waiting it out but I could not see the exit sign.  It was so bad I had to turn on my flashers for fear someone might hit me.  Other drivers did as well.




My front yard is not as bad as I thought it would be…but the backyard is a real jungle!  This observation is just from looking out my bedroom window bet it is even worst in person…I will know tomorrow.

Two hours later the storms reached my house, they were strong enough that I lost power for nearly an hour.  On the positive side it lowered the temperatures which will make it a little more bearable as I do not plan to turn on the A/C.  This will make good practice for when I move to Terlingua, of course they do not have to deal with the humidity.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you made the drive safely and from the sounds of it I want some of Nora's taco's!!! Can't find any "street" taco's round here.

    BTW, I sent you an email the other day and never heard back. Did you maybe change from the ole hotmail account?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Ben I had not gone online in a couple of days. Last night was the first time since my prior post.

    It is still the same hotmail account. If anyone else has sent me an e-mail I apologize as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got that rain late Sunday. LOVE it. Maybe more today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the long drought last year, I will never complain about rain again!

    Had another strong storm around 1:00 p.m. and I think this will be it for a while. As soon as it dries out, hope to tackle the yard :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. MsB, its been real hot here and at times pretty high humidity so we aren't always spared from it. I've seen as high as 70% lately. I could sure use a rain storm now because with all the loose powder in the driveway, where the septic system and the new road was cut the dust is about to run me out of here when the wind is blowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard to believe that in the desert the humidity would be 70 percent but with the climate change we are seeing thing we never thought would be possible.

      Congratulations on the new septic system as well as new road and hope you get some rain soon.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.