Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, March 9, 2013

90 degrees in Del Rio

Oh boy, can you believe the temperature gauge marked 90 degrees today?  It is rather early in the season for that but then again we live in the desert of West Texas.

I signed up on Flickr and commenced my upload of Chili Cook-off pictures and it stopped at 111 saying I had reached my limit for the month?  What the heck is going on?  This year I took over 500 pictures, it will take me almost 5 months at this rate, unless of course I upgrade...like Ben in Texas used to say....grrrrrrrrrr!!!

This afternoon I watered the trees and the weeds and felt sad as I could see Walter trying to get my attention :-(

They have been warning us it was going to rain for days now. Finally around 11:10 p.m. I thought I heard something on the roof.  Sure enough it was rain but it did not last long...maybe 15 minutes? Well, it is better than nothing.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Just before dawn, it poured rain here. Has let up now. Can always use the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear it rained in the Greater Houston area, thanks Dizzy, my yard there sure needs it!

      Delete
  2. We got that little line of showers, now we have the wind. Just at an inch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow an inch is quite a bit...you were sure lucky!

      Delete
  3. Just 60 degrees here now and windy as heck. Does Walter still have his company?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering how windy it was in Terlingua specially with no wind break out there :-(

      Walter's owner seems to have gone back to work but the mother and kids are there.

      Delete
  4. Was that you leaving San Pedro in a gold or tan van sunday evening?

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.