Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Campground Hopping

Having had problems starting mother's mini-van on Friday decided we needed to take that sucker for a ride... to charge it up and to get rid of all the carbon monoxide built up by putting the pedal to the metal!  I drove it between 60 to 65 mph and for a few seconds got it up to 75 mph (it only goes to 85 mph) lol :D

Our first stop was my favorite campground Governor's Landing.  They had five campers.  One of them was a couple playing their guitar and singing, they seemed to be having a good time.  We waved to all the campers that were outside and they waved back, pretty friendly bunch today.


I believe Barney of OFM Adventures told me the International Water Commission was no longer releasing water downstream to Falcon Lake.  Maybe my CRS or perhaps it was an illusion...but for some reason or at least along the visitors area it looked like there was more water than the last time we visited.


Our next stop was San Pedro Campground...I can not believe mother did not say a thing (she hates it there) well...I will take that back...she complained about the condition of the road :-)

This campground is rarely full, even this week being Spring Break.  I expected more people but there were only three or four RV's.

The Billy Bob tree sure has grown!

Good use of the rack space of this older model Toyota.
On the way out I saw this white truck similar to one Barney of OFM Adventures http://ofmadventures.blogspot.com/ drives and as we crossed paths thought how it looked like him...but he is Bibe, Texas, so thought nothing of it. Later this evening when I got online he had left me a comment on my prior post asking if I had been driving a gold mini-van...so it was him!

We then hit the 277 Campground only to find it was closed.  Can't say I am surprised as there is virtually NO water there anymore.


Going rate at the Exxon by the Lake as well as all over town...


Well I will take that back...the new Stripes (that is not yet open) had the following price...kind of makes you do a double take and wonder if this is a glimpse of what to expect in the future?

Obviously someone with a good sense of humor or perhaps a wry one?
While the temperature did not reach 90 degrees like it did yesterday... it was warm, even late this afternoon.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. That was quite a tour you took us on, thank you very much. I enjoy tours of areas I have never been and may get to some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope that Stripes pricing is a joke and not their grand opening special.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.