Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, March 18, 2013

New Stripes Opens in Del Rio, Texas

Needed to run several errands in town so loaded up mom's mini van and as I went to start it...it was dead...grrrrrrrr!!!  Yes, I know I have been saying I was going to buy a new battery but the mechanic insisted it was still good.  Last time we used it was Tuesday when we went to Mexico.  Folks procrastination  never pays, take it from me :-(


One of my errands involved a trip to the bank where I noticed that the new Stripes was now opened for business.  Asked the teller when it opened and she said today.  Went to check it out.


Gas was going for $3.48 but when I got to the pumps they had lowered it to $3.45.



They have a large eating area inside but when I asked if I could take a picture, they told me I couldn't. They have a lube center something I had never seen at a Stripes before.



I took the following picture exclusively for Billy Bob.  This guy had a long trailer that I could not even fit into the picture so I think "Sally da house" and "that jeep" could fit here.  You can't say I don't look out for you :D


Before Town & Country was bought out by Stripes you could get free air and water in all the pumps.  I hate to have to pay for something like this that should be free.  Since they pissed me off by not letting me take a picture inside, I will get even and tell you all to go to the Exxon by the Lake where air and water are FREE.


The other reason I took the above picture is so you could see how the temperature went from 93 when I arrived at the bank to 95 after I left Stripes.  Another bank up the road had a reading of 96 but I was not fast enough to snap a picture.

If you have been following Walter I have an update http://mylittlewalter.blogspot.com/

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. First thing I thought when I seen the headed pic was, I think "Sally da house" and "that jeep" might just fit in that station.
    Thanks for look'n out for me....I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have a stripes, but not all the extras like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lube center was something I had never seen before. The inside was nice as well.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you showed them for not letting you take a picture. Must be a top secret interior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think it was a top secret interior the way they were protecting it from the camera lense of a local customer, lol.

      It's not like none of us have ever seen the inside of one or one like it!

      Delete
  4. It looked like the air & water machine took a credit card! Wow!! You can buy air for your car or bike with a credit card... Is my world changing or what?
    Maybe I should say that differently? Sarcasm is difficult sometimes like this but how else can you deal with buying your air with a credit card?

    (I'm just passing thru Terlingua and Del Rio & thought I'd stop to take a read. I liked it, good job!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rob!

      I know what you mean about being able to pay with a credit card for air and water.

      Yeap, they will take your buck any way you want to give it to them.

      Hope you enjoyed your stay in both Terlingua and Del Rio.

      Thank you for taking the time to comment.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.